TEN

CHAPTER TEN
—stupid witches

CHAPTER TEN—stupid witches

🗡🗡🗡

  —IT was like they'd jumped through time and gone to Greece. At a distance, Judith could see the volcano that everything was centered around. It protruded from the many ivory columns and the marble architecture accented with gold, stuff that had Annabeth quaking with amazement. The daughter of Ares wasn't sure if palm trees were native to Greece, but they covered much of the island, making it look like a tropical paradise. It felt like the ultimate vacation destination.

  Though, it was rather disconcerting that a place like this was smack in the middle of the Sea of Monsters. It didn't exactly scream 'easy access.'

  The dock they pulled up to was also something to be noted as there was a variety of different ships — most looking abandoned. Like, dusty abandoned. Not only that, but some of them dated back centuries. There was a fully wooden pirate ship and even a small cruise ship that reminded her of the Titanic.

  Feeling something churn in her gut, Judith grimaced at the woman who was seemingly waiting for them on the edge of the dock. She looked professional, almost too professional; dressed in a blazer and pencil skirt with a pair of glasses. She fit the total stereotype of business woman — but instead of looking like a total powerhouse, she just looked stuck up.

  "Is this your first time with us?" The woman inquired, her voice nasally and not at all what Judith expected.

  Annabeth looked over her shoulder at her friends. "Umm ..."

  "First — time — at — spa," The lady spoke out loud as she scrawled on her mini clipboard with a sleek black pen. "Let's see..." She stared them down, Judith tilting her head as if daring her to judge them. "Mmm," she hummed. "An herbal wrap to start for the young ladies. And of course, a complete makeover for the young gentleman."

  Judith, despite her opposition to the woman's attitude and the idea of an 'herbal wrap,' snickered as Percy looked between them dumbfounded. "A what?"

  The woman either ignored him or was just way too concentrated on writing on her beloved clipboard. "Right!" She said. "Well, I'm sure C.C. will want to speak with you personally before the luau. Come, please."

  The three teens looked at each other apprehensively, but as Annabeth gave a small shrug, Judith decided to forgo her reluctance. Maybe she was just letting her hate of coincidences get to her head, but there was still something off about the boats.

  "I guess it couldn't hurt," Annabeth conceded.

  "Don't jinx it," Judith nudged Annabeth in the side as she passed to follow the woman, and as soon as she entered the nearest and tallest structure, Judith's mouth practically hit the floor. She wasn't into extravagant things, but this was next level.