TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
—stupid wine gods

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE—stupid wine gods

🗡🗡🗡

—JUDITH hadn't expected to be woken up by the son of Poseidon. She hadn't expected him and it made her shoot a hand out dangerously to shove him away from her.

Percy grunted as he fell backwards to the floor, an indignant cry spewing out as he went. Judith could only watch with wide eyes as she came to. At his pained face, she frowned. She saw no reason for her to apologize — he should have known that she would be startled by his presence.

"What are you doing in here?" Judith asked, looking around for Mark or Ellis. Their bunks were empty.

Percy rubbed at his backside as he stood back up. "Well, I was coming to tell you about the meeting, but you were asleep, so I thought I'd wake you up. My mistake, obviously."

The girl swung her legs over the side of her bed and laced up her boots as she spoke, "I told Mark to tell me about the meeting."

"I don't see him in here," Percy said as he rocked back and forth on his feet.

Judith gave him a deadpan look. "What have you got, 20/20 vision? No dip, he's not here. Mark wouldn't let you within ten feet of this cabin. Where is he?" She stood up, stretching out her limbs.

"He's headed to dinner with Ellis," Percy answered. He paused for a moment, looking antsy. "Anyway, do you want to hear what happened?"

Judith rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Shoot."

And then he spilled. He spilled everything in two breaths. The boy made sure to voice his dislike for Zoë and her aversion to the male population multiple times — Judith hid her smile as he bashed on the Hunter. And then he confessed he was a little hurt that Grover was going to go, same with Thalia; though, he confessed it wasn't her fault and he no longer held anything against her for the capture the flag game. He was just downtrodden that it couldn't be him who went.

"And?" Judith asked as he finally concluded his tirade, breathing heavily.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "And what?"

She blinked as if it were obvious. "And ... what are we going to do about it?"

By the look on his face, Judith assumed he hadn't thought about it. He looked down at her feet for a moment, clearly in deep thought, his head tilting back and forth as he had inner debates. Judith sighed, knowing it would take him a moment to come up with something. He clicked his tongue before chuckling to himself.

"What's so funny?" She narrowed her eyes.

"You said 'we.' 'What are we going to do about it.'" He looked back up, eyes shining with surprise and amusement. "We're going to do something?"