ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
—stupid pirate ships

CHAPTER ELEVEN—stupid pirate ships

🗡🗡🗡

—"OI, Barnacle Breath, could you move any slower?" Judith jabbed him between his shoulder blades making him recoil and speed up. She didn't blame him for admiring the destruction that the unruly pirates were bestowing upon the spa workers ( it was beautiful ), but they really didn't have the time.

The three of them had made a detour across the lido and to the spa so as to snatch up their backpacks because Judith absolutely refused to leave the island without her regular clothes ( and she supposed the ambrosia and nectar were important too ). The quick trip had cost them precious minutes in escaping the place so now they were tailed by a horde of both spa people and pirates.

Percy turned his head around to look at her, but otherwise continued running. "Oh, I'm sorry, Judy Moody."

Judith looked about ready to pound his face in with the nickname. She never got to hurt him for saying it the first time, so now he deserved double the pain. "Ooh, if you ever say that name again —"

"What? Judy Moody?" She could see the gods-forsaken smirk take over his face without even having to look at him. He jumped a bit as he felt the toes Judith's sneakers step on the heel of his.

"Would you two stop?!" Annabeth called from behind Judith. "We're kinda in a hurry."

The daughter of Ares huffed, grumbling, "That's what I said before, wasn't it, Barnacle Boy?"

Percy just rolled his eyes exaggeratedly.

"Which ship?" Annabeth asked as they ran up to the docks, their breaths heaving together.

"I think that one will do just fine," Judith said as she looked at all the old wooden boats with disgust before finally pointing out the single yacht.

"I was asking Percy, you know, son of the Sea God." Annabeth smiled alongside her quip.

Judith rolled her eyes. "Oh, well yeah, I guess he knows what he's doing." She shrugged and gestured the boy forward to choose one with exasperation. Put on the spot, he analyzed each boat nervously, gnawing on his lip. That was, until he spotted an old sailing vessel.

"There." He pointed at it with a determined expression.

Judith and Annabeth frowned. "But —"

"I can make it work." He nodded confidently.

Queen Anne's Revenge. The ship didn't even have its sails set up correctly. "Yeah, we're no longer trusting you to make decisions," Judith said and shook her head. "Let's trade an old Confederate ship for a dingy old pirate ship, of course."