EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
—stupid sun god

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN—stupid sun god

🗡🗡🗡

—FORCED to sit next to Percy on the only dry log in the clearing, she watched as Grover dressed his wound. She was in charge of handing him small portions of ambrosia to help the healing process along ( because Grover said that if they gave him the whole pack, he would scarf it down without hesitation ).

Barely chewing the last piece she had handed him before swallowing it, he held his hand out for the next one. Judith withheld the food, waiting until the satyr gave a nod for the next one. Percy wasn't happy with the delay and reached for the bag in her hand. She held it away from her body and shoved him off of her with a groan.

"I'm tempted to just let you have this so you can burn up. Maybe then you'd learn a lesson or something," she claimed.

"I don't even feel close to burning up, I'm ready for the next piece," he said, his voice almost sounding whiny, making Judith even more inclined to let him have the food of the gods.

"It's because we're in below freezing temperatures, Percy," Grover voiced. "Even though we're limiting your intake, you're probably going to feel it later on, you'll regret it."

"You guys don't know what I feel," he said hotly as Grover finally finished bandaging the thorn's damage. His emotions were running high from Annabeth's sudden absence and he was now in slight pain as his friend poked and prodded at his arm.

Judith scowled and threw the bag at his chest as she stood up, no longer interested in being his babysitter. "Fine, eat it all up, see if I care."

Grover squealed, "Judith!" He snatched the zip lock bag out of Percy's hands before he could get the whole pastry out.

She crossed her arms and stared the son of Poseidon down in annoyance; the annoyance practically doubled as Nico walked over, firing questions off non-stop. Judith assumed it was because Artemis had taken Bianca in for a talk so he was unable to bother her relentlessly. She only took enjoyment in the fact that Nico was transfixed on Percy, asking him all the questions.

He did turn to her at one point, though, to ask her who her godly parent was.

"Ares," she answered curtly, not wanting him to go off about it; she'd only end up hurting his feelings by telling him to bugger off.

"Whoa, he's got the Blood Rage and infinite health for three rounds. Sometimes you can get away with four if the other person isn't paying attention," Nico explained and Judith just stared blankly at him. The boy seemed to recognize the expression and moved back to Percy, the son of Poseidon giving Judith a pleading look to make the small kid stop somehow. Still feeling irritated with his earlier actions, she just shook her head.