Chapter 1 - The freakishly short ponytail

Well Hello! I have never written a teen fiction story, so cut me some slack. The story has been edited as much as possible, but I know it needs more work. I would me so happy, if you can point out some mistakes I have made and proofreading is in action. I will be updating at least once a week. But do enjoy the story and any feedback (good or bad) is welcome. All Love and passion... I kissed the Golden boy- a romantic story about unnoticed love.

***

I grab the nearest thing and just throw it across the room. Luckily it is the alarm clock, and I smile under the duvet. Bringing my arms over my head, I stretch and yawn, breathing in the smell of freshly washed sheets. It is intoxicating and so fricking good. I toss and turn for a few minutes, burying my head under the pillows, but then kick off the duvet and jump off the bed.

I was well rested since I got home from work early yesterday and went to bed 8 o'clock. But now 6.30 in the morning I had to get ready for school. I tiptoe into the bathroom and sit on the toilet. The moment I look up in the mirror I freeze.

No freaking way!!

I yelp at the reflection that looks back at me, my hair all sticking up, in all different directions. I look like an old paint brush- used and then left out to dry. I quickly finish my business and start fixing my hair. It refuses to settle down and I almost scream out from desperation.

I'm never going back into that salon even if there aren't more hairdressers in our small down. From now on I will cut my own hair, even if I mess it up. Then at least I can blame myself than some incompetent guy who swears to you that you look good with a shoulder length cut.

I wet my hair and brush it over a few times until it looks much better. I grab a tiny hair tie from the bottom drawer and set my hair into a ponytail. It looks nice but when I touch it; it feels so weird. So short, weird looking hump sticking out from behind. Finally, after some self-loading and cursing heavily under my breath, I brush my teeth and get dressed. Pairing my low cut jeans and a loosely hanging top I grab a leather jacket from the hanger and run downstairs. The smell of coffee had hit me when I opened my bedroom door and I knew that mom had already made my breakfast.

"Honey, you will be late for school if you don't hurry up!" I hear her yell from the living room as I am on the last step of the stairs. "Coming!" I said as I open the kitchen door and look at Jason, my big brother hungrily swallow down his cereal. "Hey sis, I need the car today. I have football practice and I can't take the bus home." He said as he finishes his bowl of Crunchy Wheat and turns my way, lifting his coffee cup. "Of course, but I need it tomorrow, I need to go to the library and rent some books for a work I'm doing. Can't carry them around all day." I sit down next to him, pouring myself a cup of coffee with extra milk. "No sugar today?" He asks as I take the first sip.

"No, need to cut this out from my diet as well." I make myself a sandwich- cucumber and tomato, little salt and pepper on top and I would be good until lunch break.

"What's next? Bread? Water?" He asks," Coffee?" His eyes grow so big, I think they were about to pop out from his huge stupid head. "Nah, everything else I can live without, but not without him!" I turned the coffee cup around the table, looking so lovingly into it. "You are so madly in love with it?" He stood up and wrapped his huge hands around my shoulders. "Yeah, I am in love with it..." I took a large gulp and finished my sandwich. Jason left after making some annoying remarks about my hairdo and mom came in the kitchen for a refill.

"You working today?" She asked as she filled her cup with the rest of the coffee in the pot. " Till 7, maybe later. Don't know yet, depends how much people come."

I poured the last drop into my mouth and fished out my house keys. "Here!" I handed them to mom and took some candy from the bowl what was centered on the dinner table. "I feel so bad losing my keys, now I have to use yours all the time. I'll make copies today so I don't have to borrow yours." I hugged her for a good bye and pulled on my boots. Even though I looked weird with that freakishly short ponytail I had on one of my favorite outfits. I looked good, sexy even.

I was about to call for a cab until a black sedan stopped beside me. Windows were tinted and I couldn't see who it was.

"Hey baby, want a ride?" A low toned voice asked me when he stepped out.

"No thank you. I have a ride," I waved the phone in the air,"called already." The guy seemed to be in his forties, dark brown hair, a little grey by his ears. I started walking, but he didn't leave me alone. He kept driving really slowly after me, and it freaked me out. I took longer straits and picked up my speed. On that point I heard the car engine rev more and more until he gave up and drove pass me. This town was full of hungry for sex men, most of them were middle aged jackasses running after every woman they saw.

I called the cab and after 20 minutes of waiting and driving, I make it to school, 10 minutes before the first period. "Hey, you walked here or what?" A voice said suddenly behind me as I was busy taking my books out from my locker.

"Noup, took a cab but got followed by an old geezer again. I swear they are multiplying by a second." I turned to find Matt leaning against to wall behind him.

He look shaggy in his large sweatpants and a grey t-shirt what had a storm trooper on it. He pushed himself of the wall and looked at me with a surprised expression on his face. It was plastered on him so hard that I thought we will look like this forever. "What's wrong?" I asked as I looked myself from toes to top. Had I stepped in something? "What happened to your hair?" He turned my head with his hand so he had a better sight. "Kevin did this to you?" His brows for a single line, pulled together as one. I just nod, shifting my books from my stomach to my side.

As I'm about to reply, a wave of screaming echoes through the hallway.

And with that I look at the direction of the front door.

He's here.