Chapter 9 - His POV

So finally Jordan's point of view. There are some suprises ahead, so I decided to split his POV of two parts. Part 9.1 following.

Jordan's POV

My father always told me:

Nothing in this world is free. You have to work hard for things you want and love.

What he didn't tell me, was that I had no input in my own desiers. The car, my girlfriend, reputation- it came with my status that he greated for me. I hated my life and everyone around me. Especially my mom. Most of the people around school thought that I didn't speak to Matt because she had chosen mom's side in the divorce and went to live with her but I was angry at her.

She did the unthinkable , running off to another man when the relationship with my father had difficulties. She even had a son with the man- Matt. Even though we weren't blood, I still concidered him as my brother.

Were all women like her? No family priorites what so ever. She still came crawling back to us, saying she made a huge mistake and that won't ever happen again. Constant fighting and throwing things at each other ended when he filed for divorce and threw her out. I know I'm a terrible person when I say that I was happy about it.

And then there was Tiffany. A blond with no brains- teriotipical cheerleader with a herd of snobs following her around everywhere she went. 'It was my duty to find a girl with a good family and reputation' my dad said.

The relationship started on our junior year, me trying to stay positive while my parents had their marriage collapsing and her trying to find a guy she could live off from. After the first Crazy Monkey, we hooked up and till today, two years later, I was sick of her.

There wasn't a girl in this school who didn't have the hots for me and I knew exactly how they were waiting for me and Tiffany to break up. So I decided to get it over with.

*Matt, can I talk to you for a moment?" I leaned on a chair, where Juliet was sitting. I felt her shiver as I made contact with her. Yeah, she also liked me, but she had been the only girl in our school who hadn't made any effort to catch my attension. "Yeah, sure!" Matt replied and we walk out to the hallway. Since it was lunch break every student body was outside in the sun or in the cafeteria eating. "So, what's up?" Matt leaned against the wall, hands showed into his pants pockets. "On Friday I need to have a room upstairs!" I knew all doors were locked when we had a party in Matt's house. "Hey, if you want to fuck, do it in your own house!" He made a scrunched up face, showing out discust. "No, I have to break up with Tiffany and I want to do it somewhere private. There will be people at the party, so I espect her not to make a scene and kill me!"

I looked at Matt who had an 'oh' form on her mouth. "So you are finally dumping this blood sucking bitch of yours?" He held out his hand, expecting me to shake it. "Well yeah, you know how I actually hate being with her but you know dad. He made me date her, so I would have a reputation." I also lean against the wall. "So, is there anyone else?" He asks me. I shake my head. "No, why would there be. We are graduating in few months. I don't need another tag along." I reply, running my hand throw my hair. I got into Lyre and it was 600 miles from King Valley. If there was a girl I wanted to date, I had to find one in Lyre.

"Fine. I'll give you the key of mom's bedroom when you come Friday. She's going to Florida with her new boyfriend and her bedroom is pretty soundproofed. So when Tiffany decides to make a scene, noone will hear you guys." Matt replies and I nod. "Thank you." I shake Matt's hand and let him get back to eat his lunch. I had to talk to the coach about me becoming team's captain. Jason ingured his knee two weeks ago in practice and had difficulties playing. He refused to get benched until his was feeling better but I saw that he hurt and so did coach. So when Jason refused to quit, coach kicked him off the team.

Oh, he was mad. And not only at coach, me also. Even if I had nothing to do with him made to leave our team, I knew that since coach made me captain, he thought it was because of me he was thrown out. the Championship games were only weeks away and there wasn't a place for an ingured player in our team. One guy short, we had had to practice twice as much. And on Friday evening I made all team players come early and practice new combinations.

"Hey coach!" I knock on the door frame of his office and step into the room without any windows. "Decker. You want something?" He raises his head from the books in front of him and closes the one he has open. "Yeah. I wanted to talk about Jason. He should still..." I can't even finish the sentence when he stops me, raising his hand. "Decker, I don't nothing to hear about that. You are the captain now. Isn't that what you wanted?" He asks me, pushing the books aside and standing up. Howard Kindly was in his fifties with dark brown curly hair and African decent. A ten time winner of Footballer of the Year award what had been given out to great players since the fourties. "But..." I keep pushing even though I knew nothing would change his mind. "No buts, ifs or howevers. Don't you have a practice to attend to?" He walks around the table and his 6'2 figure howers over me. "Yes, sir!"

It's Friday now and I'm driving to Matt's place. Practice took longer than expected so I was already late. I showered at school and put on the clothes I had packed with me that morning. I look at the time on the dashboard and it says 8:45 pm. I back in the car on the driveway, the hood pointing to an easy access to leave if things got to heated and like a coward I had to run. The engine on the car purred while I was still sitting in my car, practicing the speech I was supposed to give to Tiffany; the speech for my teammates I didn't prepare none. My intension was still give the right to the man it belonged to.

***

"Honey, you seem off. Did something happen?" Tiffany asks, her arm pressing down on my chest. We are in the gazebo, far from everyone else. It's hard for me to pick up enough courage to break the news for her. No man wants to hurt a woman, including me. "Can we talk after the speech? I have a key for a room upstairs." I shove my hand into my back pocket and take out my mom's bedroom key. "Of couse sweety." She presses her lips against my mouth and I don't turn away. She smelled like roses and wine, a combination she always smelled of.

When she pulls away from our kiss, my attension is set on the gate. Jason had arrived with her sister and she looked beautiful. A black leather jacket hung on her shoulders, a silver striped top made her boobs delightfully noticeable and these jeans she was wearing, all guys around us stood up and aprouched them. I was sure it wasn't to greet Jason. They wanted a better look at a girl beside him. My eyes are glued to her, her short hair slightly curly, barely reaching her shoulders. She wasn't wearing much make up and in the dim lights of the back yard, she looked naturally gorgeous.

Juliet was the only girl who hadn't made any effort to get him notice her. She wasn't ugly or anything, more like a girl with plain clothes and round face features. Jason had her arm snaked around her shoulder, protecting as always. How come his sister had never attended these parties? I remember her last year only driving him here and then leaving. The year before she stayed for an hour and then leave. She would pick Jason up from the party and never drink anything with alcohol in it. How I remember all of it? Because even though she tried to be invisable, I had my eye on her from day one.