Chapter 13 - The dance

"Go. Get ready." Jason says to me when I finish eating dinner and see Matt park his car at the curb.
I put my fork aside and take a piece of my bread, popping it into my mouth.
"Why is he here already? The dance starts in two hours. We have plenty of time." I wash the bread down with some sparkling water and take my dishes into the sink.
I then lean against the kitchen counter, crossing my arms on my chest.
"I know but Matt is here to chat with me until you finish all the procedures."
"What procedures?" I ask and Jason stands to open the door for Matt.
He lays his hand on the door knob, while turning to face me.
"You know- shaving legs, taking a shower, praying that the dress still fits..." He throws his head back and laughs.
"That's not funny. The dress part is actually a important matter." I say, walking toward him.
"Yes. You have been saying that all day." Jason opens the door for Matt and I stand on the bottom of the stairs, gripping my shirt.
Matt steps in, wearing a gray suit with a fuchsia colored tie. He smiles when he sees me and gets down on one knee to hold a small white box to me.
"Juliet. Will you be my date tonight and not have sex with me after it?" When Matt says that Jason slaps his head.
Matt turns.
"What was that for? I said no sex." There is a grin painting Matt's face and I can't help but giggle like a young school girl.
"Sex? Seriously? Don't you ever talk about sex or having it or not having it with my sister."
Jason says to Matt and slaps the back of Matt's head again.
"Dude! What was that for?" Matt rubs the double hit place and narrows his eyes at Jason.
"Boy! Get off you knee!" He says with a dad voice.

Matt stand up and fixes his suit.
"Ok, can you two behave normally for an half an hours so I can get dressed?"
Both boys look at each other and then nod.
"Good."
I make my way up the stairs and when I reach my bedroom door I hear Matt asking Jason the question I have wanted to ask my brother since he came home.
"What did Decker want to talk about?" Matt asks and I stop at my door. I tiptoe back until I see Jason and Matt sit on the sofa.
"Juliet. He wanted to talk about Juliet." Jason replied and my breath hitched.
"You know they have nothing between them." Matt replied and Jason exhaled loudly.
"Except the kiss. I don't understand why Juliet kissed him. She said that she wanted him to shut up when Decker was ranting about me but for God's sake- she kissed him?" Jason leaned back on the sofa, grabbing the remote and turned the television on.
"She has a crush on him. You know that. But well, maybe she got him out of her system now." Matt added and I gasp.
"I hope so. Jordan said he has no feelings for her and I pleased. He also said he would never date her." Jason smirked and I felt as a dagger had been pushed throw my heart.
I lied to my brother when I told him I didn't like Jordan anymore. It was the right thing to do. Somewhere deep inside I still liked Decker but now learning about how he didn't see me as other girls around him, made me see clearly again.
I lean against the hallway wall and rub my hand. It didn't hurt anymore but the blue marks still painted it. There wasn't enough concealer in the world to cover them up.
I decided to shake off the thoughts about Decker and get ready for the dance. I take a quick shower, shave, brush my teeth and blow dry my hair.
Wearing nothing but a silky robe I sit behind my desk and apply some light make up using a small vanity mirror.
Setting my hair up to a bun, I spray some hairspray to make it set.
My dress is fuchsia color knee high strapless dress. The corset part hugs my top while the skirt part waves naturally around my hips.
I open the box Matt brought me and put the flower arrangement around my right wrist.
Its white lilys and some decorative leaves. Gorgeous and tasteful. I pick up a pair of silver heels from my closet and sit on my bed to put them on.
The silver clutch bag is already on my bedside table, filled with everything I need for the night.
I close my bedroom door with a bang, louder than it should and let the boys know I am done.
Matt and Jason are sitting next to each other in the living room, watching the evening news.
"Nice." Matt gives me a smile and Jason holds up his hand.
"Aren't you wearing anything on top of that?"
"I have my jacket in the corridor ." I point at the hanger.
"Good."
I look at the time and my eyes widen. It took me one and a half hour to get ready.
"We should get going." Matt says and stands, buttoning up his suit.
"Yeah, I guess so." I reply, watching the bruises on my hand. I applied some concealer but it barely helped.
"Ok, let's go."
I snake me hand around Matt's and take my jacket from the hanger.
I couldn't wait for the night to be over.