Chapter 2 - Attention

I must add before I forget- places, people and names in this book are made-up (if you google a name like King Valley, its a place in Australia), but the action takes place in USA. If I find time, I will change so somethings will make sense. Bare with me...

Do you know, what's the best feeling after returning 2 weeks of spring break?

Seeing your crush.

And the worst?

You guessed it: he has no idea; you exist.

My mom once told me: 'Men see beauty, then they get to know you and in the end they finally see YOU.'

I wasn't beautiful enough to get noticed, so they didn't get to know me and see, who I actually was. My crush for Jordan had started from the moment he first spoke to me. 'This girl has pretty eyes!' He stood infront of me by my locker and pointed at  the girl in the end of the corridor. Even though it was a compliment for another girl, his voice though cut my soul and let butterflies crawl into my inside.

It has been two years since I started King Valley, and now being a senior, I only had a few months of school left. Neither the less, I'd no intension to make him notice me, but it would had been nice.

Yesterday I got a letter from NYU, my application was excepted and full scholarship offered. I was happy, 'to the Moon and back' happy. Few dreadful  months and exams more and I'd fly out to New York to start working and begin college.

I don't need to see him to feel his presents. Girls running through the hallway, direction of the huge glass entry what separated us from the cool April breeze outside. And yes, I was eager to see him after two weeks of spring break. After a minute or two, he enters, guys following him as he pulls the door open, filling every girls dream to run and hug him and greet him with lusting and hormone cocktail explosion.

Jordan Decker, a senior, football player and an A-grade student.

All teachers liked him, girls adored him and guys wanted to be friends with. A total cliche.

And like always, in every girly romantic book, he has the gorgeous girlfriend, luxury car and EGO as big as New York City.

I look at Matt and he is busy typing something in his phone. I close my locker and slip past him, the bell rings, signaling I was already late for English. I walk to class without looking back. Actually, I have no reason to stay there what so ever. Thankfully, teacher hasn't arrived yet, so I place my books on the table and set my ass down. The room is almost empty, only me and a few other students. I look out the window, parking lot full of cars and some students still hanging around them.

A slick black Challenger is parked right under the window. Washed and polished to perfection, cream-colored interior- I wonder how much money I had to save to buy one. All American muscle cars are right at my taste. Our parents bought us a brand new Audi, and even though it's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever driven, nothing can beat a Dodge or a Mustang.

' Maybe another job? I could work on Saturdays too!' I think to myself.

"And then I said, go screw yourself! Bro, you should have been there. His face was priceless." Jordan comes through the door, surrounded by his teammates. He's wearing dark blue jeans, a white tight t-shirt and a black leather jacket. His outfit matches mine. The colors match at least.

All right, I had a huge crush on him. I think every girl in this school did, same applies to girls from around the neighborhood. I plaster my gaze into the view outside, wind takes up, shaking the trees with a wild manner. "I was their number one choice, so my dad told them that I should get in without trials!" He dumps his backpack on the table behind me and I jump. The screeching sound of my chair moving makes him look my way. Dark grey eyes penetrate mine for a second; but soon enough he is back in a heated conversation with Kyle, his best buddy.