Chapter 17 - First time meeting

Three years ago

Decker's POV

I grab a jacket from my closet and slip it on. The leather material shapes my body but hangs loosely around my torso. It's the first day of school, first day in King Valley High school.
"Jordan, get your ass down here!" My father yells from downstairs and I sigh. I take some gel and run my fingers through my hair. I need to cut them soon because bangs are starting to block my eyes.
"Jordan. You will be late for school if you don't get your ass down here." He says again and I clamp my jaw tight, gritting my teeth.
"You should head down. He is already pissed." Colleen sticks her head through the door and I grab some books from my desk and head down.
"I know, just messing with him," I say and close my bedroom door louder than I should.
Colleen walks down beside me, wearing a light blue skirt and a white top. She is a popular girl in King Valley and from today on I will be too. He had everything planned. The school, the girls, the football team. And I had no say in it. It was what my father wanted and from today on, my life would belong to the devil.
"Dad!" Colleen yells when we reach the corridor and there is no one there.
"Outside!" He yells back from the front porch.
He is already outside, waiting for us. Since mom left, he has changed. There was no happy dad or nice mornings in the household. Now there was stress, never not enough time or space. And for the most times, it felt like it was all us kids fault. Not that I blamed myself for my mother leaving but I was happy that she did. She didn't deserve him one bit. She had broken his heart and my father never recovered.
"Don't let him get into your head." My sister tells me when I sit down on the stairs to put my shoes on. "Just ignore his tries to manipulate you."
"The way he pushes, it's hard not to notice. But I actually think this is good. I need this in my life." I reply, taking my books and standing up.
"No. No, you don't. It's your life, you make the decisions and you will learn from the outcomes." She holds her hand on the door knob.
"I know but..." I am about to say when dad honks a few times his car outside and we both laugh.
"Time to go. Decker, promise me that when you become the most popular kid in school that you won't forget about me." Colleen smiles and pulls open the door, the wind gathers up her flaming red hair and I smirk.
"I can't be sure of this. You haven't earned my respect." She slaps my shoulder.
"Jerk!" She replies and we both head toward the car.

After Dad dropped us off and Colleen went running to her girlfriends, I stayed to wait for Kyle. He texted me while we were driving to school that he had missed the alarm and was going to be late. I check my phone for messages from him but there's none. He better come soon because I can't wait like a dumbass next to the sidewalk forever.
Students are being dropped off and every time a girl passes me, they run their eyes up and down on my figure.
I ignore their looks and see if Kyle is arriving. Before I can tuck my hands down to my pockets, a white Hyundai approaches. Car tiers screech to a halt when it pulls up to the curb.
The back door opens and a back bag flies out.
"Thanks for the lift." He tells the guy sitting on the driver's seat.
Kyle exits the car and slams its door shut. Instantly the car pulls away, making its tires smoke.
"Who was he?" I ask my best friend when he grabs his bag and throws it over his shoulder.
"My neighbor. Mom already left for work and it was him or the bus. Clearly, I chose him. Because getting on a bus is nasty as hell."
Kyle replies to my question and we start walking toward the huge glass doors that enter a hell called high school.
"You ready for this?" I ask Kyle when we pass a group of girls who start giggling when I wink at them.
"No. You?"
I run my finger through my hair and smirk.
"Ready as I will ever be," I tell him and open the door.

It's like a mass of hormones, suffocating me. They keep staring, whispering and giving me looks that I have never gotten from anyone. I look at Kyle and he is as surprised as I am. I make my way to the locker and enter my code. After the sound of unlocking, I pull it open and throw my books inside the locker.
"You new here?" I hear a girl ask behind me and slam my locker shut.
"Yes." I turn to face her. She has long hair and huge blue eyes. Her long legs are barely covered by a skirt that reaches her mid thigh.
"You are cute. Want to hang out?" She tries to put her fingers into my hair but I grab her wrist and pull it away.
"No." I bark and start walking down the hallway. I see Kyle already talking to a girl, leaning against his locker. She has her hands all over his biceps and I can't help but laugh.
"Why not? Are you weird or something? Because no one ever tells me no." She yells at me and people turn. I stomp back to her and hover over her.
"No means no. Don't you know what no means?" I ask her and she pulls back. Then she raises one finger at me.
"You can say no right now but in few weeks you will beg me to ask you again. Understand?" Her voice lowers when she puts her hand around my neck and pulls me forward. Her breath hits my ear as she speaks.
I laugh at her and take her wrist to pull her off me.
"I doubt that."
I leave her gaping, her face all red and furious.
I can't help but laugh and shake my head when I join Kyle and his prey.
"Did you just blow off Tiffany McCormick, because if you did then you broke your dad's first rule." He tells me, putting his arm around the girl who stands beside him.
"I don't care. She came on too strong."
I reply to Kyle and watch as students pass us.
"Strong or not. That may pay up to you hard."
"Argh. He and his stupid rules. I'm not going to date her just because my father suggested it." I reply, rolling my eyes.
"Ok, changing the topic then. You have a lot of admirers. These girls can't get their eyes off you. This one here can't wait to get done with me and then start seducing you." Kyle slaps the ass of his new toy girl and she returns one bit to his face.
"What was that for?"
"You disrespected me." She says with an angry voice and abandons Kyle.
"Whatever. See, now you have another one." He tells me and I ignore his sarcastic remark.
"Let's just get into the class."
Kyle takes his books and slams the locker shut. Girls almost jump at me when we start walking toward the classroom. What the hell is wrong with them? Do I have a magnet or some sort glued to me?
A girl with long brown hair is talking to my half brother. Matt starts laughing as soon as she waves her arms in the air and then leans on her knees, shaking her head. Whatever she told him must have been hilarious because Matt starts wiping tears from his eyes.
"Hey!" I say and he nods his head. The girl turns for a moment but doesn't make eye contact. Instead, she picks up her bag and throws it over her shoulder, her brown hair waving.
Kyle walks ahead as I slow my pace and turn, continuing walking backward.
Matt pumps knuckles with her like children and then she walks the other direction of the hallway.
"Hey. Wait up!" Matt gathers his things and runs after me. I stop, turn to see where is Kyle but there's no sight of him. He must of already head into the first period.
"Thanx." Matt breaths out and we both start heading to the classroom.
"Who was that? That girl?" I ask him, trying to sound casual.
"Oh no, you won't. That girl is off the limits for you." Matt says and I clear my throat.
"I wasn't asking because of that. You seem to be friends with her."
"We are. And to your question, she is the sister of the captain of our football team."
I turn one more time to see where she went and discover that she is by her locker, putting books in her bag.
"Oh, ok!" I clear my throat again.
"What's her name?" I ask Matt and he rolls his eyes.
"Juliet. Why?" Matt says.
"Oh, nothing," I say but keep my eye on her.
So the magnet didn't work on her.

 I wonder, why?