Mon Petit Rayon De Soliel

Jefferson~~

I lay on my bed, an ear bud stuffed into my ear. Music from my phone playing quietly. It was break in between college years. I decided to stay with my parents in their place in Virginia, thinking it was a good idea. My father has been nicer. Hasn't done anything to harm us.. Yet.

It was a few days until I went back to school and I already packed everything. Both of my parents were home. My mother making dinner, and my father watching TV. I didn't like any of the crap he watched. Nor did I like not wearing my binder while I'm here, but I don't want my father knowing I'm still trying to be a boy, and not a girl. I shaved off my facial hair as well, remembering to do it often as it grows rather quickly. I managed to look somewhat like a girl, minus a bit of unnoticeable masculine features here and there. So here II am, uncomfortable without anything holding down my boobs™.

I sigh and turn off my music and sit on my bed alone and bored. Once in a while her ng my father say something rude about the LGBT+ people.

"Taylor sweetie, come down! Dinner's ready!" I frown and hurry downstairs and kiss my mother on the cheek, silently thanking her and grabbing the bowl of macaronic she handed me. She knows it's my favorite so she makes it often when I'm around, my father doesn't seem to mind it, he doesn't admit it but he likes my mother's macaroni.

We sit there in silence, eating our mac and cheese. Soon we finish. I feel tension in the air. I don't know why. I take my parents dishes once they finish as well and wash them, as well as whatever was in the sink. I hear my parent's hushed voices from the other room. Until my father's starts to raise. I frown, knowing all too well what's next.

I hear a loud smack and a thud, followed by some crying. My father walks into the kitchen. I do my best to not look at him. He ignores me and grabs a pan that I had just washed and turns back to the dining room. He disappears around the corner. I follow him, and peek my head around the corner to see him violently beating my mother with the pan. I rush to go back to the dishes.

Once my father starts you can't stop him.

That's why I don't even try to help her.

I finished with the dishes and dry off my hands and hurry to walk past my father, still beating the shit out of my mother. I catch a look at the two. My father smacking her upside the head with the pan.

She was bleeding.

A lot.

I rush to stand behind my father and when his arm raises again I catch it. He turns to look at me and rips his arm from my grasp easily and stares at me.

I don't regret my decision.

Until he smacks me upside the head with the now bloody pan.

Then I fall to the floor and everything goes black and quiet.

~

I wake up in a sweat. I grab my water bottle from the side table and down half of it in one go. I put it down and sigh.

I hate dreaming about days with my father.

No no no.

I hate my father.

I quickly get out of bed and get dressed, putting on my binder as well. I come out of my room, yawning and stretching to find Hamilton drinking coffee waiting for me.

"Morning sleeping beauty."

"Oh hush you." I kiss his head and walk off to find my laptop. I'm surprised we Aren't dating yet honestly.

I grab my laptop and shove it into my bag. I walk over to Alex, take his coffee and drink the rest of it.

"Black. Really?"