Chapter 8: A Bad Girl

I heard the heavy spate of the water as it outpoured through the air. A wave of liquid entered my mouth, causing me to choke slightly. I swam to the other side of the creek in the only hope of hiding my naked body properly.

Then?

Well, nothing.

Only silence.

What the hell was going on?

I was waiting for him to peek out of the water or hear his damn voice curse slurs at me. But god knows why- nothing was moving, it was dead silence, almost scary. I started to worry. Maybe the impact caused him to hit his head, or maybe he didn't know how to swim? Oh dammit. Why am I always fucking things up?

I had to make sure he wasn't drowning but heaven help me, I was naked. Yeah, what a marvellous idea that was to take my clothes off like that.

Anyway, I hesitantly crawled back to where he landed. "Gerard?" I called, even though that was stupid cause he wouldn't be able to hear me underwater. My hands started wandering aimlessly through the current, searching for a wisp of hair or a patch of skin, anything that felt like a body.

I guess my prayers were answered because at some point- I felt something but not in the way I had expected it. It wasn't my hands that reached- but his- that captured the base of my calves. His short but sharp nails clawed at my skin. I jumped at the sudden sensation and probably kicked his face when I did so.

Gerard suddenly emerged out of the water, gasping loudly. He swung his head back during the jump, causing his soaked hair to move through the air. He kinda did that cliché thing models do, you know- when they burst out the water? Yeah, that thing. But Gerard wasn't graceful like you see in the movies. Oh no, it wasn't gracious at all. It was vicious.

And then, that's when he looked at me, and oh god- I swear, he was terrifying. His eyes, they threatened me. His previous teasing expression was gone, only darkness now. As if I had just turned a switch inside of him, the kind of switch that holds a sign, warning you not to press on it. Gerard got closer now, I immediately swam back, distancing myself from him but then, I couldn't anymore. My back pressed against the shore. I was trapped. It was a dead end.

"You've been very, very bad, Mia." He mumbled, breathing heavily.

"Huh, well, y-you fucking deserved it."

His eyes flashed with deviance. "Oh, is that so?"

I scowled. "Yeah, totally."

"D'you know what girls like you deserve?" He asked slowly.

I gulped. "No, what do girls like me deserve, Gerard? Tell me."

Gerard then stood up in the water, the brutal sound of the waves made me shiver. Wet strands covered his face and I could now see his chest, perfectly shaped underneath his wet shirt. "Punishment."

I gulped again, unable to talk for a second. "W-why don't you show me, then."

In a split of a second, Gerard moved like a shadow.

Needles.

I felt needles in my wrists, both of them. He just pinned them against the shore- his unloving nails clawed at my skin again. I turned my face to the side, sensing his sharp breath on my cheek- it felt like a blade and I wouldn't say I liked it. I moaned in discomfort.

"Think you can outplay me?" He whispered through gritted teeth. "Think you're so clever..." He squeezed my wrists even tighter, almost drawing blood with his nails. "Don't you?"

"Gerard, stop it." I coughed. "You're hurting me."

"Ow, I'm hurting you?" He mocked my voice. One of his hands freed my wrist and cupped my jaw, turning my face towards his, squishing it. "Do you know what I could do to you, right now?"