Chapter 25: Another Day

There was this secret in our throats.

Right here, right there.

In this black hole he called a room.

I couldn't swallow properly, the air was thick and heavy. My palms were getting sweaty and sticky and even more so with each passing seconds. I just slid my butt across the floor, distancing myself from Gerard some more as he twitched nervously on his own.

"Whoa Mia! What are you doing here?" Mikey exclaimed as he spotted me, he stood in the doorway, crossing his arms.

"Uuh- j-just-" I stuttered, I could feel Gerard's eyes on me. "Interviewing your brother."

Mikey coked an eyebrow. "Oh, so he's got the VIP treatment or what?"

I flushed. "Uh? No! No of course n-"

"I'm the one who invited her Mikey." Gerard objected.

Mikey's eyes widened. "Oh..."

"I promised I'd give her an interview but we didn't have time on tour so... I told her to come here instead." Gerard explained calmly, despise the red on his cheeks, or his wild hair that screamed like nothing but sex.

"Oh, okay." Mikey nodded slowly, still not convinced though. He examined me and Gerard for a while, eyes flickering between our guilty faces.

I simply stared back, trying to look normal as I hid in the corner. Gerard on the other hand, kept a straight face. But I think the choked noises he emitted gave it all away.

Wow.

I swear.

We couldn't look more suspicious than that. But this would've never happened if Gerard didn't have the brilliant idea to dry hump me on the floor. Ugh. We were supposed to do the interview for christ sake, be professional for once! N-not... humping the shit out of each other.

Damn him.

Damn him and his drunken ways.

Thankfully, after observing us for a while, Mikey cleared his throat and smiled. "Anyway, guess I'll leave you two then. Sorry for interrupting your... hard work." He winked as he turned around to leave.

Okay, he totally knew what happened.

Gerard responded with a dry laugh, and so did I. Then as soon as Mikey was gone, Gerard swiveled his head. He looked at me. I looked back, speechless.

He blinked. "Um, sorry for... y'know..."

I squinted.

"...jumping on you and stuff." He swallowed. "But I'm sure Mikey won't tell, he's not like that I swear."

I shrugged. "Whatever..."

"Oh and by the way Gerard!"

We then heard from the basement.

It was Mikey again.

He was back in the doorway. "Brian just called. He said the radio show is tomorrow at 5pm, so make sure to stay sober, we fucking need you there."

Gerard nodded gingerly. "Uh yeah, yeah of course Mikey. Don't worry about that."

"Wish I wouldn't..." He shot coldly, eyes dwelling upon his brother, and then, he disappeared.

Silence.

That's all there was after that.

Mikey was gone.

For good.

I was all alone with Gerard again. But he wasn't looking at me. No. He was... staring at the floor? Or the junk... Argh, I don't know. But he wasn't moving, not even flinching. I almost thought he wasn't breathing for a second. Obviously he was, though something had happened in his mind. Something had switched, something dark. I could feel it- his misery. I could always feel it - feel him. In every pore of my skin.