"What do I look like to you, Jesus?"

When you have a gay football star brother, a lesbian sister that loves to party and is pretty good at volleyball, and another brother that is a fucking genius and also gay, word gets around when you claim you’re straight. My siblings and I come from a gay couple, Robert and Clay, who have always wanted to adopt kids. They got their wish when a stranger dropped my oldest brother, Gabriel, off at their door step one night. Two months after that, a crack addict daddy dropped off his unwanted daughter, my sister Michelle (Mickey for short). Once Gabriel and Mickey were around two years old, my parent applied for a surrogate mother, who later gave then Neil (or genius as I like to call him). Then a year later, the same mother gave then me, Jenson.

                Gabriel and Mickey started high school four years ago, making them seniors now. Mickey was a killer volleyball player and quickly became popular, even after she came out. Then football season started and Gabriel climbed the social latter pretty fast, even after he too came out. Two years after that, Neil started high school, making him a sophomore now. While yes he was a genius, he still had plenty of friends that weren’t as smart as him. Then he came out too and still no one cared. Then I started High school this year and boy, did they care when I didn’t come out the closet.

                “Did you hear?  He claims he’s straight even though he comes from a family of all gays?”

                “I don’t get why he won’t just admit it.”

                “He’s so gay. I mean, look at his jacket.”

                While the girls whispered and gossiped about me, I paid them no mind. Neil was busy blabbering my ear off about a guy he recently had interest in. I pretend to listen as I gazed across the crowd. They stared right back at me, spreading the rumor that I’m in denial. Was it really that hard to accept that one out of four of us are actually straight.

                “Don’t let them get to you, okay?” Gabriel said, coming out of nowhere, cutting Neil off.

                “Hey, I was talking jackass.”

                “I don’t care, nerd, I mean Neil.” Gabe snickered.

                “Quit being an asshole Gay, I mean Gabe.” Mickey joined in as we made our way into the cafeteria. Magically we all had the same lunch, just great. I sat down across from Gabe and Neil and beside Mickey.

                Sometimes it’s hard to imagine that we don’t all share the same parents. Gabe and Mickey both had golden blonde hair. Mickey has freckles across her cheeks and nose. Gabe had freckles on his shoulders and back. Neil had dark brown hair with freckles across his nose and blue eyes, unlike the rest of us. Gabe, Mickey, and I have green eyes. Unlike my siblings, I had dark black hair and freckles everywhere. We looked alike but at the same time didn’t.

                I wasn’t in the mood for eating so I stayed while my siblings went to get food. I put my head down for a minute before  a cold hand touched my shoulder.

                “Um, I don’t mean to bother you but um do you mind if I sit with you?” His voice was wary but extremely deep for a guy his height and size. His feathered blonde hair swept across his face in a similar style like mine. Light freckles covered his nose.

                “Um go ahead and sit down. My siblings should be back soon but they won’t mind. I’m Jenson.” I smile lightly at his growing red face.