chapter 8

I wiped my eyes. "A-Adam..." He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to a fire exit. I looked at him. "What the..? where are we going?" He smirked. I suddenly felt scared. What was he planning to do?

I slapped his hand away from the knob. I put my hand in the way and glared at him. "What are you planning on doing?" 

At first he looked stunned. But finally he opened his mouth. "Lets get out of here okay? I want to show you someone."  

He opened the door and led me to his car. I pushed and shoved at him until his grip loosened. "You're going to rape me!" 

His eyes widened. He patted my back. " You're funny. But i'm not going to touch you. I'm not a pig."  

I stroked back my hair and sighed. I felt humilited and guilty. I apologized and followed him over to the car and stopped in my tracks when I came to the back seat. Inside sat a little girl. About the age of 3. Short blonde fair hair, rosy red cheeks but pale face. She was beautiful. I noticed that Adam was staring at me."This...This is who I live for... Her name's Lucy."

I nodded. I got into the car and sighed a breath of relief. I could hear Lucy's fingers tapping on the window. She shot up when she saw me. "D-Daddy! A weird lady is in the car!"

Adam turned round and pretended to be shocked. He made his hands into a gun and pointed it at me. " Freeze" You're under arrest!"

I could feel myself getting ready to burst with laughter. But Lucy beat me to it. She rocked back and forth and waved her legs about in a crazy fashion. Sending her shoes flying. Adam started the motor and we set off. As he drove he sang. But stopped in the middle. " Were going to my flat. I've given it a well deserved makeover."