chapter 19

The door clicked. We both shot up. I looked around the room trying to find a way out. I shook at Adam's arm. "Who is that?"

Adam kept a straight face. "Kia's mother. She comes to help oout and clean. Damn. How did I forget?"

I started to cry. "Oh no! What will I do?"

He threw a large shirt in my face. "Put it on. Now."

I nodded in admiration. How could he sit there and not be afraid? I began to put on the shirt. Stretching it over my knees and hiding my... parts.

He kissed my cheek. And pushed me onto my feet. "Go. My bathroom has a  small trap door that leads to the living room. We never patched it up."

I made my way through the bathroom and slowly crawled opened the door. But as I did, I realised that Kia's mum was in the kitchen. She hummed slighly to herself, she looked like she was preparing dinner or something. I crawled back out of the door and ran straight back into the bedroom. "She's in the kitchen! She'll see me!"

"Shh!" Adam hissed. Herubbed at his head. "Um... Put on these."

Yet again I was handed some more of Adam's clothes. It was some skinny jeans, a lumber jack shirt and socks. "Hurry. Put these on and I'll think of something."

He stood up and pulled open a window. He turned to look at me. "You'll have to climb out through here."

"What?" I shook my head. "There's nothing on Gods earth that'd make me do that."

He sighed, holding in his laughter. " Would you rather get caught?"

I thought about it for a few minutes and then began to put the clothes on. I did it quickly, Buttoning the lumber jack shirt and pulling up the socks.

"Here." He said, tossing me some converses. "My friend got me them but they don't fit me. You can keep them."

I wiped away a tear, touched at his generosity. "Now go!"

I put one leg through the window and struggled to keep balance. Adam held me arm up to keep me steady.

When I finally had both my feet through, I began to panic. All that was beneath me was a rusty pipe. I clung onto the window sill with all my might. Adam still watched me. "You need to let go!"

"I-I can't...! There's nothing beneath me!"

Suddenly there was a call and Adam froze. "I'm sorry Brooklyn..."

He shut his eyes tightly and shoved me. I fell....

Down...

Down...

Until I reached the ground..