2

In the previous chapter:
Harry takes out his intense emotions of confusion and regret on two bears and meets his pack back at the village.

But the question that was never asked remains answered; who was the boy making the flower crown?

It has been a few days since Harry first saw the flower boy from a distance. Days flew by like the fall leaves in the wind. He hasn't given the boy much thought, but there was always a small image of him in the back of his mind whenever he would be daydreaming. He was inescapable despite Harry only seeing him once.

But, today had Harry rigid from the start, and with so much on his mind, Harry didn't think of the blue-eyed boy once.

Harry tries to calm the raging wolf inside him before he lashes out on the innocent Beta. "I do not care." The Alpha says with a hard expression. "We are leaving now." Harry starts his way down the dirt path in the direction of the village square.

The stressed Beta fish mouths. "But Alpha, we need more time! None of the soldiers are ready." He follows after Harry.

That was the cherry on top. Harry could barely control his anger. Evident by his eyes morphing into their blazing red and his teeth growing sharp and ready to tear through flesh, "I said, we are leaving now."

It was not an ordinary thing for Harry to get furious—but with everything that goes wrong on the day they are set to fight is a complete nightmare. The day began with him burning his breakfast. He was never good at cooking. Then one of the horses broke out of the stable and ran away.  Now, his own soldiers aren't prepared even though the pack has been planning for weeks.

The Beta runs away in fear after seeing the Alpha's veins slowly protrude from his neck. Feeling somewhat content, Harry walks straight into the stables. He follows down the hall and doesn't waste any time in unlatching the lock on the door gate. He places the saddle on his horse, Red, who was strong and agile as the rider himself and the chestnut stallion neighed upon seeing his owner, to which the Alpha replies with a short pat along the animal's mane. Then, Harry hops onto his horse and trots out of the stables.

As expected, a line of soldiers stand outside, as well as the townspeople on the porches of their houses. Liam, Harry's right-hand man, and best friend comes up next to him on his own grey horse. Following after Liam was Harry's older sister, Gemma, on her basilisk. The creature stands taller than a horse with large black wings and long legs with sharp claws. The mouth is that of a bird with the tongue of a snake, and the tail as long as the body and decorated with shiny red scales.

"That was unacceptable." Harry roars as he trots across the line of soldiers, still enraged from the situation a few moments before. "Just outside our territory are creatures prepared to tear you limb from limb. We must be united as a pack, and some people who choose to disobey orders; they do not deserve such a place." He continues as the wind only picks up, he can smell all the animals' scents that lingered in the air.

He scowls as he hears a roar from deep within the forest. "Those animals," He trails off, his hand lifting to point past the thick trees, "they want our land. Our home." A row of growls make the ground shake and cracking bones fill their ears with already some soldiers changing. "We need to show them that they cannot take what is ours." Harry finishes before dashing off into the woods with his horse at top speed.

He hears Gemma's basilisk screech as it fanned out its wings and lifts off the ground. Loud stomps and roars follow after the Alpha, which only causes Red to pick up his pace. Liam is beside him in a second as well as Gemma flying above them and the trees.