6

In the previous chapter:
It took a while for the two friends to defuse the tension but with a few jokes and a bunch of catching up—Niall was already asking Flora if he could stay over. Louis' mother didn't hesitate to give Niall a pillow and a few blankets. Despite her warning of Louis' health and that he might get sick too; Niall still insisted on sleeping in the blue-eyed boy's room. 

Soft snores fall from Louis' pink lips, his blue-eyes were shut out from the world. He has been alone for the whole day, still sick but happy because he can finally breathe through his nose. His best friend didn't stay for long either, Niall claimed he had to meet up with a couple of other friends. Louis let him leave, he didn't have enough energy to cling to the blond's legs and refuse to let go but before walking out the front door, Niall promised that he would be back in a couple of days.

It was a new day, the sun was gone and leaving the town in a blanket of darkness. Birds stopped singing with only the sound of zooming cars to file through Louis' cracked open window.

After greeting Flora, the girls and, the twins, Harry shuffles his way up the stairs. Still a bit frustrated that his patrol for the day dragged on. It left little room for him to visit the pretty blue-eyed omega that he so deeply cared for. He missed their agreed training time by many hours and was disappointed in himself. He slowly creaks open the door and as quiet as a mouse. His sock-clad feet tip-toeing towards the sleeping boy.

Unable to hide it, a smile appearing on his face when he saw how tiny Louis looked. He was piled under a couple of soft blankets and had them pulled up over his chin which let the moon cast over his lips, button nose, and closed eyes.

"Blue," Harry whispers in a hushed voice, creeping towards the softly snoring Omega. "Lou," He sits on the edge of the bed and begins to gently shake the boy. Louis only mumbles into the blanket and snuggles into his bed. His hair fluffing slightly. "Baby blue, wake up please." Harry's fingers ghost over Louis' cheek before he caresses the side of his face.

"Harry?" Louis rasps, his voice was deep but not as deep as the Alphas.

"Hey, Darling." Harry squeezes himself onto the bed when Louis rolls over, "I am sorry that I am late."

"It is okay, I understand. I missed you." Louis knew about the responsibilities that Harry hadregardless of building their relationship, Harry had duties that couldn't be ignored. He had a whole pack on his shoulders, families and people relied on him. It hurt Louis' wolf to share Harry, but they had only just met. All his feelings came fast and hard, a lightning strike to his poor flower petals. 

The Omega's leg wraps around Harry's waist and his arm slithers under Louis' side to rub his back gently. "Maybe I do not need to be sorry again."

Still groggy, Louis didn't want to think. He wanted to hold Harry and vice versa. "Explain please." Louis requests, his nose buried in Harry's shoulder.

"You are soft," Harry sighs. "So soft..." He hums, earning a small lick from the Omega, "If you come back with me, I will not miss you as I did." Louis doesn't speak, Harry almost fears he fell asleep until he feels Louis lick his neck again. "I know that this is sudden, but Louis," Harry pauses to let himself breathe, "The feelings that I have for you cannot go ignored, and trust me I have tried." The Alpha pulls Louis closer when the Omega grumbles, "Not like that. I cannot do anything without you slipping into my mind. I cannot focus when I know that you are not mine."

"I never believed I would find someone. I was feared by almost everyone that ever laid their eyes on me. They all saw me as a monster. A vicious predator that was only capable of harm. The worst part is, I began to believe them, I saw myself as a disease. It did not take long for me to begin to act like how people expected me to." Harry's voice began to shake. "I lived up to their expectations and never let another soul close to me."

Louis remains silent.

"But you, Blue, you did not run, nor did you fear me. You have made my life brighter just by existing, and yet, I am still trying to figure you out." Harry chuckles, feeling a weight being lifted off himself with the confession. "You are like an unfinished painting, still beautiful but everything I find out about you is a new paint stroke, and you fool me into thinking you cannot be more magnificent."

The younger male pushes himself up and his chin falls onto Harry's chest. His bright blues showing more than words could ever say. He felt the same with Harry. Their emotions and intentions mirroring each other in the reflection of their desire.

"I cannot walk another day on the earth without you." Both hearts began playing a harmony, the instruments of their souls intertwining in an array of beats and their breaths. 

"Louis, will you give me the honour of calling you mine?"