5

In the previous chapter:
"Really?" Louis squeaks and raises an eyebrow, "I cannot run very fast and I have not been my wolf in months."

Harry laughs through his nose. "Of course, we can start tomorrow."

"I cannot do this!" Louis exclaims in frustration. The boy falls to the grass and lets out a pitiful sob, "this is so hard."

Harry holds out a hand to the Omega, "Get up, Blue. It is not even noon yet." He hides his smile as best he can, unsure if Louis will take lightly to his teasing.

The blue-eyed boy is lifted from the ground like a feather, and he fiddles with the flower he picked. He looks up at Harry, their size difference still shocking. "Oh, I think my mom is calling me. Got to go!" Louis sprints out of the forest, and of course; he barely makes it a couple of feet before he tumbles to the ground.

A warm body pushes against him and turns him onto his back. "Are you trying to avoid hunting?"

"Me? Avoid hunting?" Louis scoffed, "Never."

The Alpha laughs and slips one of his hands from above the boy's head to his waist, "Hm," Harry hums, burying his face into Louis' neck because he was happily addicted to how to boy smelt. "I have a feeling that you are lying to me, my sweet."

A few beats pass. "Do you?" The boy challenges.

Harry lets out an appreciative sound when Louis scents him lightly. "I do-"

In the blink of an eye, Louis frees his hand from Harry's grasp and flips them around. His knees on either side of Harry's hips, his nimble body a delicate petal over the Alpha's muscular frame. "What about now?" The Omega sasses, taking Harry's hands and holding them above the Alpha's head.

Harry fish mouthed, visibly surprised of the boy's sudden confidence, "I-You..." he gulps, "uh."

Giving Harry whiplash, Louis stands. "Why are you lying on the ground?" Louis frowns in false disappointment, "Are you slacking?" The younger boy props his hands on his hips and Harry rolls his eyes fondly.

As the day goes by, the two train together. Before anything, they warmed up; with racing each other. Louis was a little reluctant at first, but after a few sweet words of encouragement from Harry, he finally agreed.

They stand side by side, Harry hunches over. "I will give you a head start, darling," He smirks, taking his bandana off his neck and tying it around the Omega's head.

Louis nods, taking a deep breath. He counts down from three in his head then he bolts. He doesn't know how fast he's going, but he feels the dirt beneath his shoes. As expected, Harry catches up to Louis in a matter of seconds despite the younger of the two having a head start. The blue-eyed boy ground his teeth and pushes himself to run faster. They zoom past trees and leaves, everything looking like a blur. As if time was being fast-forwarded before their eyes.

Louis lets out a small squeal when he is swept off his feet. Those same tan and tatted arms hold him close, a nose nuzzling against his own.

"You did good, Blue." Harry praises, taking a deep breath. "I can hear your heart racing."

Louis is still panting, lying limp in Harry's arms as the Alpha takes them to a small clearing between the trees. His eyes are drawn to Harry's. The colour so deep, and almost begging Louis to stare for eternity.

Harry's lips part, "it is speeding up." His voice is deep yet soft. He listens to the close thump of Louis' beating heart, his gaze lingering on the Omega's pink lips. He wanted nothing more than to kiss those lips, but it was all too soon. A part of Harry was still frightened that Louis would run.