8

In the previous chapter:
"Well then," Harry winks flirtatiously. "I have some cream for you, blue."

Louis' cheeks go red. "Harry!"

"It is whipped cream, it is in the fridge. Tastes phenomenal with watermelon." The Alpha replies coolly. "I have no clue what you are on about, darling."

"Bye, little Puff." Louis gently pats the kitten on its head, rubbing one ear. He sets her in a small basket and made sure she had enough food and water.

"Ready?"

The Omega looks up, his bottom lip jutting out slightly, "Do I have to go?" He pouts.

"C'mon, blue. It is not that bad." Harry assures, his arm sliding to his mate's waist and pulling him away from the kitten. "You will be fine. Don't worry."

After meeting a few more members of the pack, the two bid farewell and stalk towards the woods, the sun illuminating their path.

"Why do some people eat out here?" Louis asks upon seeing some people line up at a small shack and return to the outdoor tables.

Harry's eyes drop to their hands intertwined and to the shiny silver ring snug on his Omega's finger. "It is a community picnic, for those who do not have enough money or time for their own breakfast, lunch or dinner." He explains, a numb pain shooting through his chest - it was his father's idea to provide for those people.

Shaking away the thoughts of the man, Harry continues to walk alongside Louis. He watched as the boy stops every once in a while to pick a small flower off the ground. It wasn't long until the blue-eyed boy had a hand full of pretty flowers ranging from all the colours of the rainbow.

"Harry?" A soft voice interrupted Harry's thoughts.

"Mhm, baby blue?"

Louis fiddles with the bouquet of flowers in his hand, before his piercing ocean blue eyes, meet the deep green, "If you do not mind me asking, what happened to your mother?"

Sighing to himself, Harry points to the thick log that was from a fallen tree, "Let us sit down, my sweet Omega." Louis obeys and sits on the log, his mate sitting down after him, "I knew you would ask soon enough, and it is best to tell you now."

Louis grips Harry's hand tightly, letting his bouquet of flowers fall to the ground.

"She passed away." Louis' mouth falls open, Harry had said it so emotionless and bland, as if it didn't relate to death, "Twenty-six years ago on February 1st." Harry twists the ring around his mate's finger, "She died giving birth to me."

And that was when Louis decided that he needed to make Harry feel wanted, to feel loved. He sits on Harry's lap, wrapping his arms around the Alpha's neck and breathing in his scent.

Harry's arms tie around his beloved's waist, "I never knew her, but from what my sister and father told me - she was perfect. They told me that I would have loved her just like they did. When I was finally understanding the difference between life and death, I blamed myself for hers." Louis' heart ached at Harry's words. "It is what also pushed me to become the monster that most know me to be. With all the lives I took, not one ever made me feel as broken as my mothers did."

Louis curls tighter around his misunderstood mate, his alpha that deserved everything gentle and good in the world that only labelled him.

"I was out of hand and stupid. I failed to notice that I had ruthlessly murdered the mate of an Alpha from a rival pack. I was only eighteen at the time. Too young and too weak to defend myself against an Alpha as powerful as he was. And my father," The Alpha pauses, bringing Louis' hand to his lips and pressing a kiss to the ring, "He gave me this ring before disappearing into the trees. He fought the Alpha. He ended his life by protecting mine."