4

In the previous chapter:
He wouldn't get to listen to Louis rant about his friends, his large family or anything for the matter. All the effort of choosing the prettiest flower, of sneaking away from his own town would be for nothing when Louis found out who he was.

Harry's paws push into the dirt, the small leaves and twigs snapping under the pressure. The sun was setting and left a bright glow of its rays over the trees and grass field. It was earlier than the last time he met Louis in the woods, at least by two hours. It's been a week since Harry was struck with reality about the harsh truth of his and Louis' relationship. Every single day since then, Harry has been memorizing the smallest of details of Louis' face in fear that he won't ever see the boy again.

It took a short pep-talk to himself before he came to the conclusion to tell Louis his true identity.

The delicate and soft plant was held between his jaws, a bouquet this time, of sunflowers. He was proud to say that he chose sunflowers because they are bright and strong like Louis. The sun peeks over the thick layer of trees, the sky a soft shade of purple merging into the blue that remained. The sun's hot rays hitting Harry's fur adding a slight shine to it. Upon reaching the large open field, Harry speeds up his steps. The scene before him was that of an empty one. Louis didn't arrive yet, it is a few hours before they usually meet anyway. Harry plans to give Louis the bouquet of sunflowers in his human form and decides to set them on the ground for now.

Flashes of Louis' cute little smile zoomed through his mind as he settles in the grass, facing the sun. Out of all his years, Harry has never seen a sunset like this before. It was remarkable. To see and feel the last of the sun before it disappears for the next few hours. To be able to look at the ball of heat without his eyes burning. Anyone walking through the forest would've thought it was strange and that Harry was out of place. No one would never expect to see a large wolf, nearly twice the size of any other, with scars decorating his fur of the darkest shade of black just sitting, seeming peaceful, in an opening of grass.

His wolf stood proud, paws perfectly straight and spine straighter. His fur was shiny and smooth to touch. Occasionally, Harry's nose would twitch whenever a new smell passed it. His eyes weren't the raging red as they've always been. For all his life, Harry's wolf has always had the blazing red but now, it was burgundy with specks of gold. Of course, Harry was completely oblivious to the fact that his own eyes were changing colours and continue to stare at the disappearing sun.

Soon enough, the sun was gone and as was the warmth it brought. Thankfully, Harry's fur was thick enough to keep him warm in the coldest of nights. His Alpha heightened senses and power allowed him to hear beyond miles, see the smallest of things like the little water droplets on one blade of grass and to be stronger than almost an army. His eyes were glowing in the night, the moonlight reflecting off of them.

Not too far away but not too close was Louis. He was spread out on his sheets, he chose to take a nap and still didn't wake up yet. The sheets were pooled at his feet, goosebumps were evident on his skin and his breaths coming out in small pants.

It was so cold. It was pricking him everywhere possible. Tears fell from his eyes at a rapid pace only to freeze halfway down his face. His mouth was dry, and his throat felt as if he swallowed a handful of rocks.

He couldn't move, any movement whatsoever felt impossible and out of reach. The cold air was biting at his skin and held him in place, restricting his movements. He only saw white. Snow began to fall from above even though there was only the blinding white.

The cold wind becomes stronger and more powerful until knocks out his air. Louis sobs out when he falls to the floor, all feeling in his legs gone.