Grief

I would like to start of this chapter by thank you. Thank you for 1.3k. I never thought I would get this far. This is my top viewed story. And if its not too much to ask, please check out my other stories. I have one original story I recently started and fanfics.

*Mary's POV*

"Was it a boy or a girl?" I heard Francis ask. I didn't wanna know, it would just hurt even more, but I had to know....

"A girl, your majesties. I'm very sorry. I wish there was something I could have done...." He said, he then set her down in her crib and left.

I looked over at Francis....how could this be happening....we're supposed to be a family...

I felt the tears welling up again and I feel into his arms and started bawling again. He held onto me, I knew he needed to cry amd grieve too...but I couldn't stop crying, and I needed him.

The words just kept replaying in my head.

I'm afraid the baby died in birth...

the baby died...

the baby died...

the baby died...

died...

died...

died...

"Mary!!" Greer, Lola, and Kenna said running in. "The physician told us...we're so sorry..."

Francis let go of me. As soon as I lost his touch, I missed it. I needed Francis...he was the only thing keeping me together...I then got engulfed by their hugs.

I just laid in my bed, bawling my eyes out as Greer, Lola, and Kenna kept me conpany.

*Francis's POV*

I let go of Mary, knowing she needed her ladies, but as soon as I let go, she cried even worse. I wanted to stay, to hold her in my arms untill I stopped crying, but I needed to cry too, I needed support.

I left the room and wandered the halls, untill I ended up at his room. I knocked on the door, the tears already building.

"Hello?" He asked as he opened th door. "Francis...what...what are you doing here?"

"I-I didn't know where else to go..."

"Come in." Bash said. I walked in, trying to hold in the tears. "What happened?"

"Mary....Mary gave birth..." I said, not able to finish....I couldnt say the words...

"Francis...something went wrong, didn't it." Bash said, knowing me. "Mary...Is she okay?"

"Mary's fine...the baby...." I said and then I couldn't handle it anymore, the tears came out. I hugged Bash, needing him.

"Brother...I'm so sorry..." Bash said and he let me cry.

"Look...Francis...I know you need to grieve, but so does Mary. She needs you, and you need her. Go to her."

"Bash.. "

"Francis. Go." He said and I wiped my eyes and headed to Mary.

***

I slowly opened the door, nervous to see her. As soon as I opened the door I heard the sound of crying. I closed the door amd saw Mary sitting on the bed, bawling.

"Mary..." I said, nervous, scared she hated me. I hated seeing her in so much pain. She didn't desrve this.

"Francis...you're here..." Shensaud, and surprisingly, she wasn't mad.

"Yeah. I'm here." I said and I took a couple of steps.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run away from you."

"It's okay. I understand, I forgive you. I'm just glad you're here." She said and started crying again. I walked over to her and pulled her close. She let it all out.