Repeats

I woke up with a start. I look around thing to figure out what woke me. It was then I felt a twisting in my stomach and knew why I had woken up. I run to the bathroom, hoping to make it there in time.

I did.

I puked.

I tried to avoid my dress and hair and thankfully succeeded.

After I started to feel better. I headed back to bed.

I didn't know why I had started to feel awful suddenly, but I didn't like it.

This pattern continued for a few days straight, except it wasn't just in the morning anymore.

Francis had started to notice and had begun worrying.

I tried to tell him it was nothing, but even I didn't know what was wrong. I had felt a little weaker than normal, but that was it.

Nothing got worse.

Nothing got better.

Eventually I went to see the physician, having a suspicion as to what was wrong, but begging I was wrong.

Fortunately and unfortunately. I was right.

"Francis...?" I asked walking into his office. "You free to talk?" I asked and he nodded, putting his stuff and walking to me. He immediately put his arms around my waist.

"Hey," he said and kissed me. I didn't respond very much, too tense to really enjoy it. "What's wrong?"

"You know how I've been feeling a little ill?" I asked, knowing it was redundant to ask.

"Yeah, why?" He asked, more serious now.

"I went to see the physician."

"And...?"

"Im... " I said, but I didn't know how to tell him...

"You can tell me anything... whatever it is." He said, but I knew he was scared for the answer too.

"I'm pregnant..." I said, looking down.

"Really?!" He said, excited. I looked at him confused. He was happy? "That's great!" He said, but he could tell on my face that I didn't agree. "Right?"

"I gues..."

"Hey, what is it?"

"I'm scared..." I said and he didn't have to ask for what. He knew what for.

"I know, but we'll do better this time. I promise." He said and pulled me to him. I felt safe in his arms and I believe that this time it would go right. It had to. I couldn't handle losing another child.

Hey guys, I'm taking suggestions as to possible names for the child. I'm open to anything. It'll be a few chapters before the birth. But I thought I would leave the name up to you guys and give you guys time to think.