Safety First

I also wanted to post 2 parts to all my fanfics to make up for not updating for a while, I kinda got busy and forgot to update after camp. I will try to update once before school starts on the 5th because after that I will be extremely busy with dance, school/homework, and 2 different clubs.  

"You ready honey?" Francis asked as they got ready for the party. Mary turned and gave him a dirty look.

"Ready for everyone to look at me like a statue at a museum and tell me congratulations, even though they are more excited for the new king of France then it being the child of the King and Queen of France and Scotland. "

"I know, but just try to enjoy celebrating having a child," Francis said, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Yeah, but I would rather celebrate after we have the baby... you know... just in case..." She said, looking down.

"Hey," He said, lifting her chin up. "It won't happen again, I will make sure of it, and even if it does, we will have a child one day, I know it."

"Thanks, I can't wait to have a mini you running around."

"Or a mini you," Francis said (comment which gender you want)

"Or a mini-me... but I'm hoping for a boy, not for the kingdom, but, I just want a boy."

"I don't care the gender, I'm just happy for a chance to start a family with you. Now..." He said stepping back, offering his hand, "Will you accompany me to the party?"

"I would be honored, my King." She said grabbing his hand and they both chuckled before leaving for the party.

The party wasn't anything special, but it was a lot of congratulations. Francis made it his mission to be my Mary's side for support every second he could. The party went by faster then Mary thought it would, especially when Francis was by her side. Eventually, it wrapped up and they headed back to their chambers.

"You know, I was thinking..." Francis said as they got changed. "Maybe you shouldn't work as hard as you did last pregnancy... for your safety... both of your safety..."

"Francis..."

"I know... I know... but I'm worried that if you put too much stress on yourself and work too hard that... that it might not end well..." 

"Francis... do you blame me working on our child's...." She said and didn't dare finish the sentence.

"No, of course, I don't blame you, I just..." He said, walking over to her. "I don't want it to happen to you again. It hurt me to lose a child and to see you hurting, physically and mentally. When I heard there was trouble, I was worried you wouldn't make it... what if it happens again and you don't make it this time..."

"Hey, I may be worried about not being strong enough to give birth, but I promise that I will be strong enough to make it."

"But..."

"How about I make you a deal. I will continue working as long as it is comfortable or until the last month of my pregnancy. That way both our worries can be settled by me focusing on the baby the last month. I also promise to be as safe as I can."

"Thank you." He said giving her a hug. "I love you."

"I love you too," She said and reached up and gave him a kiss. It wasn't a hard kiss, but it was enough to show their love.