More Than Parents

"He is so beautiful..." Lola observed.

"I mean, have you seen his parents?" Kenna remarked and I immediately felt my cheeks heat up. 

"Hey, what about me?" Sebastian asked. 

"You're handsome too..." Kenna said, turning to her husband then back to the main attraction. "I guess..."

"Hey!" 

"Relax brother," Francis told him, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. "She's only messing with you."

"I know... but it would be nice to be complicated every once in a while."

"I did compliment you" She stated, not taking her eyes off the baby, even taking to playing with his fingers.

"Without a sarcastic remark after..." 

"Anyway, that aside, what is his name?" Lola asked.

"Louis (lew-ees)" I told them, looking down at my bundle of joy. He was awake now and was giggling as Kenna continued to play with him. I couldn't help but smile. It was hard for me to believe that I was holding Francis and my baby.

"That's a beautiful name" Lola responded.

"It was Francis' pick," I told her.

"You made a good choice. It fits him perfectly."

"It does, doesn't it?" I said, looking to Francis and smiling. It filled me with warmth as he smiled back, both of us content in our new life. "Anyway, there was a reason we called you guys here today..."

"Something other than seeing the baby?" Kenna asked, taking her attention away from the baby.

"Yes," I said, "We have chosen the godparents."

"Really?"

"Yeah, and both Francis and I discussed this deeply and we wanted it to be you and Sebastian."

"Us?"

"Yes," Francis answered, "We feel that as Mary's best friend and my brother, you two would be a great choice since you two are already married."

"Saying that Lola, I am very thankful you chose me to be your godmother of your child, so we would like you to be his aunt," I told her.

"You guys. Thank you so much, it means a lot!" Lola told us.

"Yes, thank you so much, we will take good care of him."

"We'll make sure he is raised right without you." Sebastian joked.