Birth

"Francis!" I screamed in pain. Immediately I heard his boots thumping on the floor as he ran to me.

"Mary, what's wrong?" He asked, arms wrapped around me. I leaned into him so that it was mostly him keeping me up.

"I think... I think it's time..." I said though my teeth. Without saying a word he wrapped his arms under my legs and picked me up.

As he carried me to the bed, another contraction came, and Francis looked concerned at my pain struck face, while squeezing my hand before leaving to call for the doctor.

"How long are there between the contractions, honeybear?" He asked when the pain was over.

"I don't know, five to ten minutes maybe" I  answered, catching my breath.

"Okay, that's good I guess" He smiled, trying to calm me down a little.

It was only a couple of contractions later that the doctor showed up.

"Oh, good. You're here, her connection are 8 minutes apart" Francis told the doctor, just as I cried out again. He hurried over to let her squeeze her hand.

"Okay, she's not that far along, so it's gonna be a while" the doctor informed.

About 15 minutes later, they were all gathered around Maureen.

"Are you scared?" I asked Francis.

"No," he said and I looked into his beautiful eyes and I saw how sincere he was. "I believe we are meant to have a child."

"You guys have to go out now, so I can examine her" The doctor said to Francis.

"No, I wanna stay, I missed it last time, I won't this time" Francis said, not daring to budge from my side.

---

"I think you're ready to give birth" The doctor smiled to us.

"Now?" I said in a panic, grabbing Francis's hand.

"It'll be okay honey. I'll be here by your side the whole time." Francis said calmingly.

Ten minutes later, Maureen was in the middle of giving birth.

"C'mon honey, just push"

"I can't... It hurts, it hurts so bad!" I cried, while trying to push.

"Okay wait 20 seconds, and then push as hard as you can" The doctor told her.

"C'mon baby. You can do it. Think about how awesome it'll feel afterwards. Remember?"

"Yeah. Okay" I said, panting.

"One, two, three, push!" The doctor said.

And I pushed as hard as she could, squeezing Francis's hand really hard. I felt as though her hand was gonna break, but I didn't care, I was definitely in more pain right now.

"Queen Mary, you have to push harder, nothings happening" The doctor said.

"I'm trying, I'm trying. It hurts!" I cried.

"I know honey. Just see if you can push a little harder. If you do it'll be over quickly" He said trying to motivate her.

"She's crowning, the baby is crowning" The doctor exclaimed.

Francis hurried over to look. It was a baby. He could see the baby's head coming out of Mary. Francis was suddenly overwhelmed by the feeling of love, and stood still, just watching the baby's head becoming more and more visible.

He was pulled back to reality by Mary's scream, when she made the final push.

"AAAARG!" She screamed. "Is it out yet?"

"Just three more seconds" the doctor said. Then the baby was out.

"Oh god!" I panted, closing my eyes.

"You did it baby! He's out!" Francis said while tears filled her eyes. He kissed Mary on the forehead, but she tilted her head up, confused.

"He? Its a boy?" I asked.

"Yes," Francis said and the biggest smile grew on my face. Francis chuckled, and kissed me on the lips. Then the nurse brought the baby over to them, and laid him on Mary's chest.

"Oh my God. He's so tiny!" Mary said, her voice shaking.

"He looks like you" I said smiling, "he's beautiful"

Then the little baby boy opened his eyes, and looked directly at them. Mary gasped.

The baby had the most beautiful blue eyes, totally identical to his.

The votes were about 10 to 5 on boy vs girl, so here he is. Comment down below names. I'm totally stuck.