The News Heard Around The World

"Do you think we should tell the kingdom?" I asked Francis as we got ready for the day. He walked over and put his arms on my waist. I put my arms on top of his.

"We have to eventually, they'll notice..." he said, as he looked at my stomach.

"I know, but... what if something goes wrong again?? What if I lose the baby...again..." I said, looking down, trying to avoid letting the tears spill down my face.

"We won't let that happen again. I will take better care of you this time. Little stress and little activity close to birth." I looked up at him. He put his hand on my cheek. "I love you and I  believe in you."

"Believe in us..." I said and he leaned in to give me a kiss when there was a knock at the door. He signed, clearly annoyed at the interruption, but it was the life of royalty.

"Enter," he said, removing his hands from my face.

*The next day*

"ATTENTION!" Francis yelled, getting everyone in the throne room to stop all chattering and movement to turn and look at the king and queen. "We have some news for the kingdom. We are going to share it with the most important people in this castle and will let the word spread from there.

"As it happens, my wife, Queen Mary..." He paused to look at me and gave me a look. He looked me deep in my eyes and I did the same. I knew exactly what he was trying to say. He wanted to make sure I was okay with doing this. I wasn't entirely sure, but they were gonna suspect in the future anyhow, so might as well say it now. I nodded, giving him all the confirmation he needed and we both looked back to our loyal people. "...is pregnant." He said and a huge grin appeared on his face and the happiness in his face caused me to smile too. 

The room was filled with cheers of celebration. In a hurry, a bunch of our friends and subjects came to congratulate us. I didn't pay attention to most of them, only the people I truly cared about, my ladies, Bash, and Queen Catherine.

"Congrats my brother. Mary. You guys deserve a kid. You guys have been through so much. No one deserves it more than you two." Bash said and gave each of us a hug.

"Thank you, Bash," I responded. 

"Thank you brother," Francis said and Bash walked away to let other people congratulate. The last person to come up and say something was Francis's mother.

"Good job my son, getting Mary pregnant again. We need to have a party to celebrate and to tell the kingdom. Invite some of the most important people to tell everyone Queen Mary is expecting." Catherine said and I didn't even try to argue, I knew it was pointless. When it came to Catherine planning and throwing parties, no one could stop her. I may be the Queen of Scotland and France, but she will forever be the Queen of Parties.\

"Mother..." Francis tried to argue.

"No arguing Francis. I am throwing you a party and there is no way you are getting out of it." She said and then left. Francis and I looked at each other and I just shrugged. There was nothing we could do, no matter what we wanted.

The party was the next day and for such short time, there was a lot of people. Everyone at the party at some point in time came up to us and told us congratulations. Most of them seemed insincere, and I knew there were. I knew they only wanted to do it to be able to keep in good graces with the King and Queen.