Chapter three: Stadium Love Metric

"Hi." the guy next to me said.

"Uhh- hi."

"You don't remember me do you?"

"Should I?"

He seemed taken aback. 'Was I rude to him? I didn't think I was, oh well, he'll live.'

Class ended and I went from class to class. I had most of my classes with the same guy and had to sit next to him for all five classes. It did strike me odd why no one would sit next to him. I thought nothing further of it.

It was the end of school, kept my books in the locker and started walking towards the gate to wait for David until I was stopped by the Bees.

"Where do you think you're going Poor Pity Pasha?"

"None of your business." I said monotonously.

"Whatever, just a heads up…keep your hands off Lucas! He is ours!"

"Ours? As in you share him? Wow, either he is really that hot or you guys are really that desperate to resort to sharing one guy?" I retorted, and this called for gasps to be heard throughout the hall. Ashley and Amy gawked, it is obvious no one has ever talked back at them.

I saw a hand coming towards my fist but only for a scream to be heard. The scream wasn't from me but was from Amy. David stopped her hand from slapping me and gave it a slight twist. "I would not do that if I were you." David said releasing his grip on her wrist and turned to me.

"Are you alright?" David asked me, knowing damn well I could have easily dodged that and caused them hurt myself.

"Yeah, I am alright. Let's go home."

The audience that was surrounding us cleared.

"I had to park the car a bit faraway, the car park was full."

"Yeh it’s alright."

"Wow nice Cadillac." David exclaimed as we walked past it.

'Hey, that is the same Cadillac that saved me that night, Dean must go to school here. But he is way too old for high school. Must be Luke then.'  I thought.

Tuesday…

Maths for first period again. Sat down at the same seat. Next to the same guy.

"I heard what happened  yesterday." He whispered.

"What?"

"You stood up against the Bees, no one has ever done that before."

"Nothing I cannot handle."

 "You got balls Anderson."

"Uhh- thanks?"

A month has passed, and it was like this every other day. The Bees haven't approached me since the incident. Probably because they realise I am not hitting on Lucas, whoever that person might be. The guy who I sit next to tries to make small conversations with me to which I answer to in monosyllables. I spend my break in the library away from the people. Far from the drama, far from the gossip. Far from everything. I don't eat a lot. I eat only when I have gone for a run or when I am hungry which is rarely.

26th April…

I was all dressed up in an Armani LBD paired with my nude Louboutin heels. We were all gathered at the mansion for my birthday dinner and all the guests were pretty much family and fellow board members from Madeleine. I saw Uncle Mark and waved him over.