Chapter five: the gift Angels and Airwaves

Friday

I have decided that I didn’t need any of the staff to help me out around the house anymore. I didn’t need it and there's already plenty to do at the mansion.

I drove the TT to school the next day. Parked and went straight to my locker. I saw people were eyeing the car. They would have figured by now that the rumours of me being poor is untrue. Amy was at my locker, looking not too happy.

"Hello Amy, how are you this fine morning? Can you please remove yourself because you are blocking my locker?" I cooed in this sickly sweet voice.

"What the hell Pasha, now you drive a TT to school? Lemme guess, now that you are with Goldstein, you are using his money huh? You are such a cheap whore!!"

"So what’s it to you then?" I can’t be bothered honestly.

Before she could reply, I heard another voice, Luke's.

"Get the hell away from her Amy. Just leave us alone!"

I don’t know why but it felt good that he was shooing her away. Amy left and I was about to greet him only to get yelled at by him.

"Where were you Pasha?!  I waited for you for ten minutes at your house! How did you get here?"

I have never been yelled at before. I scornfully answered,

"When did we ever arrange for you to pick me up? I have another car, I don’t need you to baby me and for hell sure don’t need you yelling at me."

He flinched, he realises what I said was true. "I'm sorry," he apologised. "I just got mad waiting for you outside your gate, then got madder when I reached for my phone to realise that I didn’t have your number."  He grabbed the phone that I was holding on to and used it to call his phone. Saving my number in his phone and saving his number in mine.

I glared at him while he smiled sheepishly, wrapped his left arm around my shoulder, "Alright sweetheart, now that we have each other's numbers, all is good and right in the world again. Come on, let's get to English." I rolled my eyes and started walking.

Friday is the best day out of the whole week because it is the one time where I don't have a class with Lucas right before lunch, so that means I could escape. As soon as history ended, I rushed out to my car and drove to the park to read. I can't go to the library because I know that would be the first place he would look. I was lying down on the picnic blanket. I always made sure both cars are well stocked with things I might need in the boot. A bit of food, a picnic blanket, change of casual clothes, business clothes, swimsuit, a beach towel, heels, running clothes, running shoes, etc. It was habit and convenient. I buy everything in spares so I don’t have to keep on moving things around when I switch cars. My peace didn’t last long as my phone started vibrating. I knew who it was, and checking the caller ID proved me right. 'You know you love me' is calling. I cannot believe the audacity of this guy, saving his name like that. I decided to ignore it. My phone kept vibrating for a few more rings. Then it finally stopped. I fell asleep under the sun. Life is good. I drifted off in a peaceful nap. I was enjoying the sun on my face until I had my Coach sunglasses ripped off my face.

"What on earth?" I saw Lucas staring down at me. "What the hell Lucas!"

"Where did you go?"

"Duh we are the park so I came to the park?"

"Why didn’t you answer your phone? I called you so many times. Hey, you are my girlfriend now so you should answer when I call and you should at least tell me where you are going to go." He barked.