Chapter nine Speak IWNBTS

The stranger carefully dabbed antiseptic he got from the first aid kit onto both my elbows.

"I am so sorry for harming you," he said.

"It's okay. It was an accident."

He wanted to put bandaids across the scratches but I just slapped his hands away.

"No need to put bandaids. They are just minor scratches," I explained.

"Alright. Anyways, I'm Reid Kauffmann."

"I'm Pasha Anderson, glad to literally bump into you."

"Actually I bumped into a tree." We both laughed. "I think I should go now."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He leaned closer to me, I could feel his warm breath on my neck, he had his lips close to my ear and whispered,

"If it wasn’t for that really angry looking boyfriend of yours staring at us, I would love to stay." He gave Luke a nod and opened the front door. He looked at me once last time, "See you around." He winked.

True enough, Luke wasn’t too pleased.

"Who was that?!" he boomed.

"I thought you guys were friends judging from how friendly you two were in bed." I snickered.

"It is not funny Pasha! You don’t just bring home random guys you bump into!" his volume increased.

"Excuse me? Who are you to tell me what I can or cannot do?" I raised my voice.

Luke struggled to give me an answer. He knows we are neither here nor there. *Thud* Luke passed out.

'Brilliant. What is up with guys fainting left and right and making me work.'

I moved him to the couch. It was closer and I wasn’t in the mood to drag him to bed, especially not after being yelled at. I stared at him. He looks pale. I touched his forehead with the back of my hand. He is burning up. I took a tea towel from the kitchen, ran it through water and placed in onto his forehead.

He has been out for 45 minutes. I made him some porridge in the meantime. I tried waking him up only to be greeted by murmurs.

"Luke, can you wake up? You need to eat something. I made you porridge."

He just stirred in his sleep. I just stared at him. It hit me. I haven’t seen his face properly for such a long time now. His jaw was clenched, he was frowning too. I wondered what is the colour of his eyes. I have suppressed a lot of my memories of him. Why was he frowning? He started shivering mildly. I got him a blanket and as I was pulling it over him, I noticed that he was crying. I kneeled next to him and stayed there. He started rambling in his sleep.

"Don’t leave me.."

I moved my head closer to his, so I could hear better.

"Why did you go?..."

I was taken aback, I immediately felt the rush of feelings running through me.

"I want to kiss you again…"

I remembered the first and last kiss we had. I was happy. I missed that feeling.

"I missed you so much…"

 I'm going to take a chance. I closed my eyes and moved my lips closer to his. He won't know. Just as I was about to place my lips on his.

"I hate you Pasha Anderson…"