Chapter 3: CRFG- Columbus and Red Fox Group (Carter Edwards)

"Grab the stuff and run," Vincent shouted.

I grabbed a backpack and shot the biters with my rifle. About ten seconds later my rifle was out of ammo. I slung it over my shoulder and used my pistol. The other guys kept trying to get the gas, but it was to heavy. I had an idea.

"Roll the gas into that drain by the house and come back later," I said.

"That's actually a good idea," Vincent said surprised.

We rolled them into the drain.

"Let's run," he said.

It was about a 3 and a half miles back to Red Fox but with the biters it felt like 100. We finally made it back. They opened the gates. I walked in and passed out.

When I woke up I was in the Hospital House or HH. The HH was one the biggest houses before the apocalypse. After a quick examination by Dr. Nate, I was discharged. When I walked out of the HH the was a cop. I knew he was there for me. I'd forgotten about the punishment for leaving the town without permission was two months in the jail house and adult age moved up. That meant I couldn't get my license until I was 16 instead of 13. I ducked behind bushes. He finally left at sunset. The city, except for night patrol, was usually cleared out by dark. I had to get out of the city. I knew how.