Chapter 3: Red Fox (Carter Edwards III)

I walked down Red Fox Court. I followed my father's casket to the Capitol Hall. The people stood silently. They mourned the loss of my father. His Co-Head would take his position as leader until I graduated. We entered the memorial service. Many people said things about him. Then, it was my turn.

I got up and said, "My father was a great man and leader. But, I don't think I can do his job. I might leave." People were shocked.

Later I sat on the steps of Capitol Hall. I looked up to see a caravan of cars coming. They stopped in front of me. Out stepped none other than Joel Hixon. Joel Hixon was Prince of the Alabamian Republic. He came and sat next to me.

He said to me, "I'm sorry about your dad."

"Thanks," I said.

"Hey, I heard you don't want to be in charge," he said.

"Yeah," I replied.

"You know you can sign off your position to another person, and with all do respect, I'd like to take your position," he said.

I thought for a minute. I could travel and adventure. I ran inside and got the form.

"I sign off the Head of the House position to Prince John Hixon of the Alabamian Republic," I said.

Both of us sign it. He took the sheet. We shook hands. He gave me a car with supplies. I drove by Brad's house.

I asked him, "Do you want to go on an adventure?"

He nodded and hopped in. I drove south to the sunny Florida beaches.