775 10 1

We were sat at the bar for a while, I learnt that his name was Daniel and that he had three sisters and loved the same music as me. He has two tattoos without any meaning but they were painted on to his neck and foot.

'Hey can I get another two of these please' Daniel asked the bar tender while waving at the two cocktails in front of us. We had already had three before now and along with all the shots and pints of beer I had before meeting dan, I guess you could say I'm drunk.

The cocktails arrived two minutes after we requested them. I paid for the round of drinks after arguing with Daniel about him paying for the rest of them, however, he did say this was the only round he would agree to letting me buy.

I took a sip of the cocktail to taste the cool and refreshing taste of lemonade and blue berry vodka. I decided in my mind that I should really go and freshen up, my hair was probably flinging all over the place and my make up felt tacky on my skin.

'I'll be back in a moment,' I told Dan, he nodded his blonde head of curls questionably, 'I'm just going to freshen up'

I stood from my seat and began to waddle away, my feet were burning now that I had been wearing them for quite a while. I could already feel blisters beginning to form on the heels of my feet and also by my little toes.

I always hate wearing hells when I go out as I'm usually the tallest person anyway, so there isn't any need for them. However, without wearing heels I would just be under dressed.

The toilets were placed across the dance floor and down a hall away from the bar, it took a while to push past everyone but once I started it just became easier to carry on.

The toilets didn't look or smell hygienic but then again they never are in pubs or clubs, it's the last thing people care about. I walked straight up to the mirror that was pinned up onto the wall on top of the sinks. The bathroom only held a few women, two girls were drying their hands and another two were both complimenting each other in the mirror next me.

As I looked into the mirror I was slightly shocked at my appearance, it was exactly as I thought. My hair had become frizzy from the sweat and movements of the dance floor and my make up had become patchy and smudged.

I brought my fingers to my hair and attempted to tame the mess by combing my fingers through it. The fly aways managed to die down a little but the messy-ness was still there but it seems to look good so I left it.

For my make up I just took a bit of tissue to dab away all of the excess sweat left of my face before rubbing away the smudged mascara with my fingers and a little bit of tissue.

In the back of my mind I can't help but think about what is going on with every thing around me. People are beginning to bet on me and my body. Am I really that worthless and selfish. I haven't even thought about Beth all night, something could have happened to my best friend.

I breathed deeply and shook my head to get the thoughts out of my head before turning out of the door and heading back to the bar. The hall way was dimly lit just like the bathroom which made it easy to see all the people dry humming against the walls.

As I walked through the hallway trying to pass everyone some one gripped my arm and pulled me back into them. My body immediately turned to be met by the same person who I was trying to avoid all night, Calum.

'What do you want?'I asked harshly, the music wasn't as loud down here but it was still loud enough that we had to speak in a dimmed shout. Calum just looked at me and rolled his eyes before leaning down to my ear. I thought he was about to repeat similar actions to Luke but instead he just loudly whispered,

'I just wanted to tell you to be careful around Daniel' I pulled away and scoffed at him. The only people I need to be careful around are the ones who place bets on women's bodies, Daniel seemed nothing like that.

'You don't get to tell me anything' I snapped. I pulled away from his grip and began to turn away just for him to pull me back.

'I'm only trying to help you' his jaw seemed to tense up a little as I continued to rip myself out of his group.

'I don't want the help from someone who placed a bet on me' I spat back. His arm dropped from my arm and his face fell flat.

'What?' His voice became soft and his eyebrows  scrunched together. His jaw became more relaxed but after a few seconds he tended up again most probably because he could see me studying him. Calum loudly scoffed in front of my face and shook his head before pushing past me and storming away.

I just shrugged it off and made my way back to the bar where Daniel was sat on his phone texting someone. As soon as he saw me making my way towards him he smiled and placed his phone into his back pocket.

'You took a while' he laughed at me and pushing the cocktail further towards me. I just shrugged and pulled the drink closer to me.

'I didn't know which way to go' I smiled back. I couldn't help but think about what Calum had told me, why should I be careful? Daniel is so sweet.

I looked out towards the dance floor to see if I could spot Beth anywhere. After scanning through the crowd for a few seconds I could see her in the left corner jumping around with Michael. I notice that she had taken off her shoes which made her considerably shorter and that Micheal had the black six inch heels in his hands.

'Why aren't you drinking your cocktail?' Daniel asked while pushing the drink even closer to me. 'I ordered you another one because some girl took your other one' he laughed.

I quickly took the drink and sipped a little bit and wincing at the taste. It tasted a lot stronger than the other ones and a lot more powdery.

'I asked for another shot of vodka, I thought it would taste good but apparently not' Daniel laughed at my reaction while tilting his glass to his lips and finishing the cup.

'It's not the best but oh well' I shrugged and did the same as him before slamming the cup back down on the bar.

I took a few breaths and looked at Daniel as my head began to feel heavy. That drink must have been strong to hit me that fast. My eyebrows scrunched together as my vision began to swerve around the place, I looked out to the dance floor just to see a collage of lights looking back at me. 

'Why don't we get out of here and get some air' Daniel spoke into my ear. I nodded my head as he reached behind me to grab waist and lifted me off of my chair. I stumbled around slightly by regained my balance shortly after.

'Trust me darling, we are going to have a great night'

- check out my social media's -

Tumblr - Heroine-lrh

Twitter -  Heronie_lrh