II

ALEX

I WASN'T SURE OF WHAT I SAW. Sometimes I hallucinated, seeing things that weren't really there. For example, the very, very large monster in the park. Nobody seemed to notice it. Then things started going wrong. The creature resurrected from someone's nightmares came charging towards me—and so I ran. It chased me for a few minutes which felt like hours. Then I ran in the museum, searching for shelter. The thing didn't fit through the door, so, obviously, it smashed the wall. Very normal.

Then the armed girl threw a plastic square which looked disturbingly a lot like a part of the periodic table, though by then I'd learned to not dwell too much on what I saw. The girl rolled in a ball threw herself down low, which was probably the wisest thing to do as the monster literally exploded. We were showered in golden stuff, but then the building went on fire, and I didn't want to hang around to see the elements of the periodic table react to flames.

Although, I couldn't simply leave the reckless girl to die, she'd saved my life by killing the—whatever that was. I made a split second decision and raced to her. Somehow, I remembered some part of the first aid program at my school. Not that I stayed more than a year in one, anyway. I was always kicked out—one way or another. I checked her pulse, which was steady. She was a little bruised on her palms, but that wasn't the worst part. Her shoulder was in a creepy position, suggesting it was broken or sprained.

I heaved her on my back, making sure she was balanced and wouldn't fall off. The building was a living hell. I put my shirt over my nose, not wanting to breathe in the smoke in the air. Flames danced before my eyes, I forced myself to not look at them directly. I threw myself in the last pathway that wasn't completely full of fire.

Somehow we got out. I dragged myself along in the path. There was no one around—it looked like a desert, for the heat too. But I had other priorities. I chose to follow the road to the park, anywhere was good, as long as it wasn't the science museum or some other place with severe temperature issues. When the park gave me unwanted memories, I settled for the woods.

I gently put her down on the shade of a large tree. I had nothing with me that could cure her wounds, but perhaps she did. I looked in her pack and found a canteen—hoping it would contain disinfectant, I opened it.

Instead there was a small thermos with a liquid the color of honey and beside it, in a plastic bag, squares of the same color. I assumed it was medicine and gave her a piece. My guts told me to not give her too much. The honey colored thingie was probably disinfectant, so I put that over her wounds. Stangely, they started closing and color returned to her face. Her features were... strange. As if she didn't quite belong here and now. I shook away the feeling and leaned on the tree beside her.

For some reason I had the urge to hold her hand—but I knew she would probably knife me as soon as she woke. I took a precaution and quietly disarmed her. Finally I managed to close my eyes and sleep. 

***

A/N

All right dummies,

This was the second chapter (sorry if it was so short). I'm gonna make the author's note long to make up for that. 

Thanks for reading, ya'll made my day!!! I

Check out my other book (the one I said wasn't a proper book) and stay tuned, cuz next time we're gonna have a Alex-Reyna conversation, and a--WAIT! I'm spoilering (is it a word?) the next chapter! Ugh, I'm such a bad author :-)

What about some bad puns?

Percy: There's a FISHY thing going on there

Annabeth: Let's not go... It would be WISE 

Jason: This pun is SHOCKING

Leo: The game's HEATING up worse than me

Piper: I find these puns CHARMING

Hazel: No way... they are PURE GOLD

Frank: Yes, to be FRANK, they certainly are

Nico: They're DEAD meat to me

Reyna: Ummm... What is my pun?

Me: I dunno. Guys out there? Anyone? Somebody knows what Reyna's pun could be? 

Me: Whatever. Who wants to say the vote comment thingie?

All except Nico: ME!!!

Me: Uh... Well... Nico, do you wanna say it?

Nico: *walks away*

Me: Okay, then. ALEX!!! Get your demigod backside here this second!

Alex: *drowsily* Wha-What?

Me: DO THE VOTE COMMENT THINGIE!!!

Alex: *still drowsily* What's that?

Me: Whatever. Reyna, as you're praetor, you may say it

Frank: Hey! I'm praetor too.

Me: She was for a longer time.

Reyna: Yayyy!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

Stay tuned!

Reyna: *puts on armor and takes out dagger* See ya next time!