VII

REYNA

I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY WHEN I SAW ALEX. He was absolutely stunning. Not his looks, no, those were always stunning. His confidence. The way he held up the sword and put a challenging light in his eyes. He radiated comfort, warm, life. I watched him as he crumpled in a heap, the gold glimmer in his hair permanently glinting. My suspicions were confirmed, Alex was a child of Apollo. It took all my effort to look away from him and announce his parentage.

I dismissed everyone to their activities and made sure the only ones in the arena were Hazel, Frank and I. I kneeled beside Alex, gently turning him on his back. His skin was unnaturally warm, almost feverish, but I knew it was normal. I shook him slightly, trying to wake him.

"I think he needs to go to the infirmary," Said Hazel. I nodded and made a point of holding his legs, gesturing for Frank to take his arms. Hazel managed to part the small crowd ahead of us. We walked across the field of mars, heading to the infirmary. (A/N is there an infirmary at Camp Jupiter? Probably, though. Heroes get gutted every second)

When we arrived at the infirmary, everybody turned. Great move, Reyna. Two praetors for an injured new guy. I thought. Too late anyway. We set Alex on a free bed. I sat on a chair a few feet from him, and Frank did too. Hazel left saying she needed to notify Phil to delay Alex's auguries.

"So, how was your day off?" Asked Frank, keeping his voice down low to not disturb anyone. We both usually choose the infirmary if we need to speak without anyone disturbing. People milled about, none of them caring about our presence, which was more than fine with me.

"I'm not having any other days off"

"What happened?"

Then I said something along the lines of: 'I got attacked by a Hydra, chucked Magnesium in its throat, then the science museum went on fire, Alex got me out and displayed a certain competence using godly food, don't ask me how he did it, because I don't know. Anyways, he managed healing me without causing any more damage and then we came here,' purposefully leaving out my little... breakdown. I sounded pissed beyond measure, but I didn't care.

I sounded really moody, but I didn't care. It had been a tough day for everyone, even for those who hadn't been practicing. Just witnessing Alex's 'show' had been mind exhausting. Demigods couldn't handle too much information, otherwise their brain went poof! And then they got splitting headaches. That was why we didn't dwell on facts too much. I'd learnt it the hard way.

Alex stirred, and I leaned over to see how he was doing.

"Um, I should probably get going because I need to see Hazel and well I need to Iris message Percy and..." Frank trailed off.

"Yes, you may go. It would be great if you asked Solace about the Apollo kid's powers. Alex's seem quite... unusual"

"Okay, see you around," He left.

Meanwhile, Alex sat up quickly, but the healer pushed him back down.

"Stay," He said.

"How long do I have to be here?"

"Next morning at least. I suggest you relax now," Then he added, "If you need anything, just ask"

The healer walked away, probably to go nurse some other person, which left Alex and I.

"How are you feeling?" I scooted closer to him, making sure that no one heard the conversation.

"Like crap."

"Have you ever... done whatever you did in the arena?"

"Yes."

"And you never mentioned it?" I sounded bitter, but I didn't care.

"Didn't think it would help," He shrugged. I sighted and lay back in my chair. Talking with him was mind exhausting, worse than I'd remembered.

"So," Alex said, hopefully changing the subject, "My father is Apollo. And yours?"

A dark expression must have dawned on me, because he flinched away.

"Okay, touchy subject. Who's your mother, then?"

I straightened, "Bellona, goodness of war and battle strategy"

"Predictable"

"Why?"

"You mentioned knowing about it"

"Yes, I reckon I have," I said.

"Tell me something about you"

I scowled and looked away. He was testing my nerves, "Talking about the past won't change any aspect of it, what was done is done, what was mistaken is mistaken. I can't go back and change things; even for the better. Messing with history is not an option, so I suggest you let it drop"

"Okay, sorry" He said and I nodded. We stayed in an uncomfortable silence until dinner was announced and we went separate ways.

***

A/N

I thought I'd give you an oscar worthy chapter for the 73 views. Haha not really oscar-y, but I was like:

OMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD OMYGOD OMYGOD OMYGOD OMYGOD 

73 FREAKING VIEWS ON MY FREAKING STORY THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME WHY AM I FREAKING SAYING FREAKING SO FREAKING MUCH I DON'T FREAKING KNOW :-)

So yeah, I really care. Right now I need to go to a very boring concert (classical music...ugh) but I'm like: "I need to post on wattpad so you better wait".

My family's giving me deathly glares so I better run 4 my life. If stares could kill... don't even make me think about it.

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Stay tuned!