Chapter 11

Author's Note: I am very grateful to everyone who is taking the time to read, especially comment and vote! If you have any tips writing tips, please feel free to comment.

As always, I continue to hope that I am doing justice to the spirit of Star Wars as well the respective authors and characters from which I borrow. Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

Mandalorian (Mando'a) words

Ba'vodu Gan: Uncle Gan

Ner vod (nair-vohd): "my brother/sister"; colloquially also "my friend"

Buy'ce (BOO-chay, BOO-shay): helmet; Colloquially: pint, bucket

Vode an: meaning "Brothers All", was an ancient Mandalorian war chant sung in Mando'a. During his training of Clone Troopers the of the Galactic Republic, Jango Fett revised a number of chants, including Vode An, replacing traditional Mandalorian keywords with more appropriate Republic ones. In this instance, it is presumable that he replaced "Mandalore" with "Coruscant". The chant was sung by the clone troopers with the accompaniment of drums and horns

Di'kut (DEE-koot): idiot, useless individual, waste of space (lit. someone who forgets to put their pants on)

Manda (MAHN-dah): the collective soul or heaven - the state of being Mandalorian in mind, body and spirit - also supreme, overarching, guardian-like

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 11

It's a shame that Jango wasn't able to survive to see his legacy live on. The admirable barve always had trouble with women. Seems that someone has a twisted sense of humor be use his clone offspring are getting more female action than he ever did.

Walon Vau's thoughts on Clones having relationships with women

Tochin Moon III, 784 Days ABG

Daylight had finally broken over the horizon about forty-five minutes ago, and it made the land seem to take on a life of its own. The sun was obscured for the most part by the thickness of the forest, but it's beam found spaces between the shrubberies to shine through.

 The dew that had settled upon the foliage sparkled, creating prisms over the organic life that surrounded Crimson Squad and their mission objective, Princess Arlesse.

Studying the forest around him, Gath was reminded of a mission a couple of months ago in which he had caught a scene from a fantasy holofilm he had stumbled across while moving through a private residence. 

From what he could recall of the film, it was a silly little story about tiny, colorfully winged woodland humanoids and their plight to remain secret. 

The holofilm was yet another piece of multimedia drivel that was created solely for the purpose of entertaining younglings.

Still, as Gath thought about it, he realized there was enough color and movement in the film to catch his attention and allow him the privilege to look briefly into the world of civilian life. 

However, that moment in time had been very short lived as their target had been spotted again, and they had to remain on the move to get him. 

It was one of their earlier missions and one of their easier missions because they were ordered to take out the Separatist terrorist by any means necessary.

As the sun illuminates the forest, Gath pushed away the memories of his not-so-distant past and found himself surprised by the amount of color that actually filled the landscape around him.