Chapter 68

Author's Note: If you have any tips writing tips, please feel free to comment.

As always, I continue to hope that I am doing justice to the spirit of Star Wars as well the respective authors and characters from which I borrow. Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

Mandalorian (Mando'a) words

Buy'ce (BOO-chay, BOO-shay): helmet; Colloquially: pint, bucket

Ika (EE-kah): diminutive suffix written as 'ika - also added to a name as a very familiar or childhood form, e.g, Ord'ika - Little Ordo

Ner vod (nair-vohd): "my brother/my sister"; colloquially also "my friend"

Vode (VOH-day): brothers, sisters, comrades

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 68

I'm going with you to that hangar. If Princess Arlesse is with them, I want one last chance to reason with her before you take her by force. I'm prepared to deal with her as a prisoner, but I'm hoping to avoid that scenario because if she becomes a prisoner then nothing about her will ever be the same.

Moff Gillard Harkin's conversation to TK-2857 upon discovering the location of the ship, Galaar Woor

Tochin Moon III, 87 Days after Order 66

The journey through the miner's tunnels had taken nearly two hours as they had come across one intersection that had been blocked off, and it forced them to backtrack a third of the way from where they had come before they could find another pathway.

The chaos from the world above continued during most of their escape. As they neared their final destination and left the main town behind them, the commotion faded away in the distance.

One final square of artificial light was now looming ahead of the group, and Jas indicated to them that this was where the hangar was located.

As they had with all the previous grates and openings, they stopped and clung to the walls. They silently assessed what was going on above by listening for the slightest sound.

They concentrated on the sounds of footsteps, voices, and movement of any kind. Nothing was heard, but that didn't convince the former soldiers that they were safe to just emerge from their hiding.

Moving back down the corridor a few feet, they remained in an area that was wide enough to crouch against the walls and still have a small amount of room in front of them. While in this space, they were out of earshot from anyone lurking overhead, and they decided to take this moment to regroup.

Tarj was the first to speak, skepticism clearly evident in his tone. He may have been out of combat for quite some time, but he still retained everything he was ever trained when it came to security and making decisions for a squad. "I don't like it. Tochin might not have the busiest ports, and for it to be this quiet, they must have put a lockdown in place."

"Agreed," Dusty responded. "We both know that the first basic rule of tracking is to close off the exits. Even late-model stormies would be taught that."

Chora wasn't one who wanted to sit back in the shadows and wait for rescue. She had her own knowledge and training, and she wanted to help brainstorm some way for them to escape so she chimed in with her own thoughts. "I don't plan to be trapped here until Harkin calls off the search. We need to do recon and find out what we're really up against."