Chapter 12

Author's Note: I am very grateful to everyone who is taking the time to read, especially comment and vote! If you have any tips writing tips, please feel free to comment.

As always, I continue to hope that I am doing justice to the spirit of Star Wars as well the respective authors and characters from which I borrow. Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

Mandalorian (Mando'a) words

Ba'vodu Gan: Uncle Gan

Ner vod (nair-vohd): "my brother/sister"; colloquially also "my friend"

Shabuir (SHAH-boo-EER): extreme insult - "jerk", but much stronger

Buy'ce (BOO-chay, BOO-shay): helmet; Colloquially: pint, bucket

Ika (EE-kah): diminutive suffix written as 'ika - also added to a name as a very familiar or childhood form, e.g, Ord'ika - Little Ordo

Di'kut (DEE-koot): idiot, useless individual, waste of space (lit. someone who forgets to put their pants on)

Ne'johaa (Neh-JOH-hah): Shut up!

Vode (VOH-day): brothers, sisters, comrades

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 12

It's a shame that Jango wasn't able to survive to see his legacy live on. The admirable barve always had trouble with women. Seems that someone has a twisted sense of humor be use his clone offspring are getting more female action than he ever did.

Walon Vau's thoughts on Clones having relationships with women

Tochin Moon III, 784 Days ABG

Arlesse wasn't sure if the chill woke her or the nagging ache in her neck had done so, and for a moment she couldn't imagine how she would possibly have either of these sensations when she was snuggled in her warm bed. 

Blinking her eyes wearily, she felt disoriented and lethargic. Focusing before her, she didn't see her bedroom but a blur of green and brown. Blinking again, she brought a hand free from the blanket that covered her and rubbed her eyes wearily.

"Did you sleep okay?" a voice asked in an accent that was vaguely familiar but so very foreign.

Arlesse knew that she wasn't supposed to be afraid of the voice, and she took her time to sit up slowly. Discomfort ran down her back at the soreness in her spine and shoulders.. Her legs felt tight, and as she moved them, they made a popping sound as her joints tried to realign in their correct position.

Feeling the cool morning chill, Arlesse took hold of the blanket and wrapped it tighter around her shoulders, shaking off a shiver.

She studied the three soldiers and was grateful they had their helmets off this time. She was trying to figure out which ones were here and which one was missing. She looked for the subtle differences she had discovered earlier. 

The quiet one sat farthest away from the group of them, even though he was close enough to provide assistance if necessary. She concluded that one was Mouse. Gath had a way of observing and studying everything around him as though he was always planning for the future. She picked him out as he sat against a fallen tree. 

The third one had eyes that sparkled with a touch of playfulness, and his hair was thicker than the others. He went by Dusty, and he was taking something small from his belt pouch, but she couldn't discern what exactly it was.