Chapter 8

Author's Note: Thank you to everyone who has voted and commented on the story so far and read this story so far! If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment. 

As always I hope that I am doing justice to the spirit of Star Wars as well the respective authors and characters from which I borrow, and I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

Mandalorian (Mando'a) words

Ner vod (nair-vohd): "my brother/sister"; colloquially also "my friend"

Di'kut (DEE-koot): fool, idiot, useless individual; context-dependent: can mean jerk, moron, etc.

Buy'ce (BOO-chay, BOO-shay): helmet; Colloquially: pint, bucket

Vode an: meaning "Brothers All", was an ancient Mandalorian war chant sung in Mando'a. During his training of Clone Troopers the of the Galactic Republic, Jango Fett revised a number of chants, including Vode An, replacing traditional Mandalorian keywords with more appropriate Republic ones. In this instance, it is presumable that he replaced "Mandalore" with "Coruscant". The chant was sung by the clone troopers with the accompaniment of drums and horns

Haran (HAH-rahn): hell; Literally: destruction, cosmic annihilation 

Fierfek: was a slang word that meant "hex" or "curse," but was commonly accepted to mean "poison" by non-Huttese-speaking races, most commonly. During the Clone Wars, it was adopted by clone commandos as a curse word. Boba Fett and Han Solo would later use it during the Second Galactic Civil War.  

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 8 

Since she was a child, I never stopped Arleese from viewing the galaxy with an innocent heart, and as many times as I wanted to expose her to the realistic and unpleasant side of politics, I just could never bring myself to destroy the safe fantasy I created for her to live within. I made the mistake of overprotecting her because she is all I have. I thought it was more important for me to be her loving father than to be a king who would teach her how to play the twisted games that take place in the royal court and in the rest of the galaxy.

King Vollan Psach admitting his faults to the Republic negotiator prior to Crimson's deployment on Tochin's Moon II

Onboard Fatal Bliss escape pod, 784 Days ABG  

In the tight proximity of the escape pod, Mouse realized that he had been forced closer to the princess than he felt comfortable ever being. However, curiosity got the better of him, and he felt his eyes scan over the female human form.

 Looking at the young woman, he didn't understand why there was such a fuss about her. Then again, Mouse chose to never understand politics anyway. 

In his opinion, if the Seps felt that the kidnapping a plain-looking woman would get them more control over the galaxy, then they were more cowardly than he first thought.

 And, if that was the case, he was more than happy to take out every last battle droid and every last being who was part of the separatist alliance.

The small pod shook and shuddered as it battled against the natural turbulence that came from atmospheric winds.

Mouse craned his neck toward the small canopy and saw that the sky had changed from the darkness of space and the frosty-red of the atmosphere into a darkened landscape that was shadowed in black and gray, indicating that night was still taking place on the moon.