Eleven

She was different , a girl who wasn't easy to figure out.

She was always talking about the newest - greatest thing while he sat beside her quietly playing with the hem of his sleeve. Something he picked up from the girl with the blue bow.

He thinks about her all the time. How she always laughed at his jokes instead of yelling at him, how she was always there when he needed her. Sometimes he wished he had never let her go.

"Are you even listening, dear?"

He looks up at the girl shaking his head no

"What else is new" her friend laughs

He looks at the floor sighing, he should of listened to Mercy.

"Would you like to go get some food?" She asks standing up

He didn't have a choice.

He stood up and followed the girl to the kitchen as they wait in line.

"What would you like"

"Uh-m, a muffin" the boy mumbles avoiding eye contact

"I thought you didn't like muffins"
The girl snaps

"And perhaps,  when you speak could you look at me" 

She turned around and did her own thing for a bit.

The girl with the blue bow thought it was adorable how when he was nervous he couldn't look someone straight in the eyes, she loved everything about him that his girl hated.
He shouldn't of let her go.

"The muffins for my Niffler" he says as the girl hands him the baked good

She looks at him as her eyes fill with rage

"I've told you a million times,  Newt! You need to get rid of those creatures and that horrid old case of yours" she takes the muffin back

"Not so loud- you know their not allowed here"

She turns and looks at him with a large smile as they walk back to their table

"Exactly, so do as I say or have them destroy the little monsters"

His face fell and filled with anger, he was sick of having her boss him around and tell him what to do. He was his own person and he could do what he felt was right.

He slowly sat down and noticed the girl with the blue bow, she sat alone at a table reading the same book she had read the first time he saw her. She was wearing her favourite glasses and was wearing one of her jumpers her mother had boughten her for Christmas.

He stares at his feet, she seems to be doing just fine without her.

Little did he know that she cried herself to sleep most nights, she missed her best friend and she wanted him back so badly. Her mother had passed away months after they stop talking and her dad blamed her. She was a wreak pretending to be perfect, and the only thing she needed was her best friend.

So he sat at the table while the girl gossiped to her friends about things he really didn't care for.

The only thing he cared for was his creatures and most certainly the girl with the blue bow. He made a huge mistake, he knows this now. He misses her and her stupid jokes, how she always smells of lemongrass and peach, how big her smile got when she saw his creatures.

He missed everything about her, everything that made her- her.

She was the only adventure he wanted, it just took him some time to realize that.