Fifteen

Leta told the headmaster everything. She told about about the boys case and the hundreds of monsters that lived inside.

The boy was in a lot of trouble.

His case was confiscated until further notice while the news traveled around Hogwarts like wild fire. The mysterious boy with the case wasn't so mysterious anymore, now that people know the secret he hid for ages he wasn't as interesting to people as before.

He had trouble falling asleep for many nights, thinking about his beloved creatures. He hasn't seen Leta since she ratted the boy out, he was quite relieved as well as the girl he adored so very much said if she laid eyes on Leta Lestrange she would get a mouth full.

Only 3 hours until the boy found out his future, if he would stay here in Hogwarts or be expelled. He prayed that the headmaster- Dumbledore would let him stay, it made the boy feel better to know the headmaster was rather quite fond of him. 

A knock on his door interrupted the boy's thoughts, a loud voice boomed through the door.

"Newton Scamander, you are wanted in the great hall"

The boy shot up and threw on his navy blue coat before exiting his room. Why had the meeting be moved earlier? He wasn't expecting the news to be told so soon, maybe his fate was that he could stay at Hogwarts? That's why the decision was made so quickly.

The boy slowly entered the hall to find that the whole house of his fellow Hufflepuffs aligned the room, a few other students from different houses joined the group.

"Newton Scamander, please step forward" A giant man called Hagrid spoke

He made his way to the front, his best friend stood among the group of Hufflepuffs giving him two thumbs up as they both hoped for the best.

"We have been informed that you have endangered other human life with one of your beasts"

The boy stood there shocked, when had any of his beasts had the chance to endanger another living soul?

"Is this true? Mr. Scamander"

"I do not have any recollection to any of my creatures harming another living soul, sir" the boy spoke with a confident tone

"So you say one of your creatures could have endangered another wizards or witch's life without you knowing? Could one of your beasts... perhaps, escaped from your case?" the giant pushed

"No, no, I have my case with me at all times as it's always locked and by my side"

"What about the incident in the dinning hall? Your case had been opened and lied on the floor for a few moments, one could have slipped away"  he stepped closer to the boy

"Nothing in that case is dangerous! None of my creatures would hurt another human unless they felt they were being attacked" his remaining confidence disappeared within seconds

"An anonymous student had told us she was attacked by a beast living in your case! She had cuts and bruises all over her arms and face, she had proof!" Hagrid raged

"Now, where is yours?"

The giant he once thought was his friend was now on the side of another, he wanted him out of Hogwarts. He had believed everything Leta said, every little piece of it.

The boy felt his world crash down into millions of pieces, he looked over at his best friend and tried giving her a light smile. He wanted to tell her everything was going to be okay but he wasn't so sure anymore.

"Headmaster, please give the final statement"
A voice echoed

The headmaster stood up as he walked over to face the boy.

"I know none of your creatures could do such a thing, Newt. You are one of the most smartest students attending this school, but with all the evidence we have against your case. I have to follow the rules of this school, I have no choice but to say..." the man paused

It looked like he was looking for the right word, for a moment the boy thought there was hope. He knew that the old wizard in front of him didn't want him to leave, he knew this pained him to say.

"Newton Scamander, you are expelled"

He knew what he needed to do, he needed to pack his bags and leave Hogwarts within 48 hours.

The boy slowly turned around as he tried not to cry, being at Hogwarts was his greatest dream and he now lost all of it.

"Newt... I'm so sorry"

The girl stood in front of him and pulled him towards her, she wrapped her arms around him and tried not to cry herself.

She held a steady grip on the boy until he felt her body tense up, he let go over her and turned around to see Leta. She was standing towards the back of the room with a hint of smile on her lips.

He shook his head and frowned while the girl that once stood beside him marched up to the other girl and did something he'd never thought she would do in a life time.