Thirteen

A few weeks had gone by and he was still working up a nerve to talk to the girl with the blue bow. Things had changed in the last few months- his confidence disappeared while hers grew, he disliked more things about himself while she started liking her own flaws.

He could never make eye contact, he never smiled as much and he was always quiet.

He was sick of it.

He knew Leta had slowly been tearing him apart. He's changed, not in a good way but he's still changed. This new girl he was so fond of all of the sudden had sucked him up in this dream he thought he wanted. She seemed so nice in the beginning, adventurous and daring. But now, she was a monster, she hated everything about him but she needed him around for some reason. She was using him in every which way possible because she enjoyed it.

All he knew is she had no family left, everyone left her- no one wanted her around so they left. Yes, he felt bad for her but he understood why. She was a terrible person and she knew it, she just didn't want to change for the better.

Today was the day he would stand up to her, he'd get up and leave if she decided to yell at him. He'd walk in a different direction and find the girl with the blue bow. He would tell her he was wrong and how sorry he was, he'd tell her she was right from the beginning and he was stupid to think that his strange new person was any better then her.

He'd tell her he loved her and that she was the only adventure he ever wanted.

So when dinner rolled around and he followed Leta and her friends to a table, he silently wanted for what felt like forever until she finally made a snarky comment about him. He tried talking to her, he told her it was rude to say that to a friend. She yelled at him in the middle of the dinning hall, in front of everyone. In front of the girl with the blue bow.

He stood up as his mind raced and his heart sped up, he had never done this before so he better had something good to say.

"If I am not your friend- why keep me around?" He shouted

"Why drag me around with your friends and have me listen to you complain about everyone here"

He was getting worked up, he had never gotten this angry before. He remembered all the times he listened to those girls talk about the girl with the blue bow- Mercy. He listened to all the nasty comments and anything else they thought was funny.

"I'm sick of hearing you go on and on about the people I care about! I'm sick of all the nasty comments and all the gossiping- you are the worst human being I've ever met! All you do is tear people apart and ruin everything they've ever worked for!"

Everyone was staring at him, the quite boy who suddenly decided to speak. His gaze settled on Mercy, she sat in her usual spot as she watched his little scene. She knew he was standing up for her, it was the look he gave the girl. The look you give someone when you want them to know everything will be okay.

"Who said you have the right to speak to me that way! Mr. Scamander" she stood up facing the boy

"I am not your personal assistant, you may not tell me what to do any longer! I am done with you and anything you've ever done to me or my friends"

"What friends?" The girl laughed

"The only other person you ever hung out with was the bookworm who never speaks" she points at Mercy from across the room

"And you've heard what I've had to say about her"

His face was now red as a tomato and his hands shook as his grasped his case, months of anger were now flowing out within minutes.

"Your a ignorant human who can't keep one single soul to stay with you for more than two months! Have you ever wondered why none of your family has stayed!" He yelled

His face fell as soon as the words left his mouth. He's never said anything so terrible before, he knew it was wrong as soon as he said it.

The girls smile faded as soon as the last word left his mouth. She glared at him, her face becoming red within seconds,

"You think you can speak to me that way? Scamander" she repeated

His hand shook as his case dropped onto the floor in front of him. The angry girl across from him let out a smile as she grabbed his case ripping it open before tossing it on the floor like last weeks fashion trend.

Fear flooded through the boy. God knows what creatures would emerge from that case.