Chapter five

I tried my best to cover all of my bruises, cuts, graizes, and stitches with make up but it didn't work obviously as everyone had been giving me strange looks all day. but I made it through work and not a single person had said a thing to me abou it.

When I got home I looked around cautiously wondering if he had came back but he wasn't there and i relaxed my tensed muscles as i let out a mental sigh.

I had a nice warm bath then laid down on the tiles in the lounge room when I had finished as it always seemed to sooth my bruises and lowered my swelling.

My whole body locked up then relaxed slightly when their was a knock on the door, but i knew  it wasn't Ben as he had never knocked on a door in his life. "who is it?" I called out and stood up hoping it wasnt the police aghain here to ask questins as that was the last thing i needed right now.

"Ethen" he replied and I cursed to myself as he was worse and I stood there wondering what I should do.

" are you going to let me in?" he asked after a couple of seconds of silence.

" I can't" I replied as i held my breathe waiting for his reply.

"Why not?"

"Because I just cant, I don't want you to"

"Don't be stupid rose, now let me in before I'm seen"

"Fine, but you promise you'll close your eyes", i could tell by the tone in his voice that he wasnt going to give up and would breake in if he had to.

"Fine".

I opened the door slowly and grabbed his wrist pulling the door shut behind him.

"Rose, I don't care if your in your pyjamas." he said and I sat him down on the couch.

"It's not that" I said with a sigh, I couldn't let him see me all Beaten up.

"Then what is it?" he asked which was the one question I didn't want him to ask me at the momment as i hadnt thought of an answer.

"Just don't open your eyes" I replied sternly and sat down on the couch opposite of him.

"I'm curious now" he said then opened his eyes and quickly I turned around but I was too slow.

"Rose, what happened?" he said softly and I could feel tears coming forth but quickly I blinked them away.

"Who did this to you?" he said in a more angered tone but kept himself under control for my sake when I didn't respond.

"i told you to keep them shut!" i complained.