chapter fifteen

i dont know how i did it, but i ended up convincing ethen to take me home. it took me a while but after my rare melt down about his friend, he gave in...

once we arrived atthe front of my house, he wouldnt let me inside until he had a full expection of the house to make sure it was all safe. 

walking through the door, flash backs of the scene when ben intruded into my house played back in my mind like a movie.

"whats wrong?" ethen asked as he took a step towards me and hesitated to touch me, deciding it wasnt the best idea in the end,

"nothing" she replied as she walked past him and took off her coat.

"you are a horrible liar, but your amazingly stubborn." he stated out of no where as she sat onto the couch and he walked over infront of her.

"i've decided, we're going to marry. no ones ever managed to inrigue me like you have. i'll give you my word to always protect you, love you, nurture you, spoil you, and treat you like my queen." he added shocking her from the sudden statement. 

"marry?!" she replied loudly as she shot up from her seat.

"when ever you want, where ever you want" he replied with a smile of hope on his charming face.

"ethen.... i dont think you understand. i dont ever want a relationship, let alone marriage!. i dont want to ever have to rely on someone, only to end up falling. when are you going to figure out that im broken. we're not meant to be, your a famous billionaire destined to date millions of super hot models and im destined to work the rest of my life and return home to an empty bed. just give up already, your wasting your precious time..." she stated before watching his reaction to see him get pissed off.

"how dare you.." he growled and she began taking baby steps backwards to put distance between them. what has she gotten herself into, hes another ben!. 

"no, you dont understand. you dare to speak of yourself i such a low matter. how much is it going to take me to make you realise that you are the best gift god has ever given me. you make me act like ive never acted before. i protect you, to me your worth than my own life. rose, i took a bullet for you. and you repay me by blocking me out.... i love you rose. im not the devil you make me out to be" he added and ended up storming out of the room.

she stood their shocked, her heart racing inside of her chest. she took in everything he said. 

shes confused. the first time in her life... shes confused. men are evil, why is he trying so hard to prove her wrong. 

everything to her is black and white... but he went from black and white to gray. her minds clowded. why is she letting him get into her head like this?. is he really different?..

her mind faded to black and she fainted. this was the second time, but instead of falling in to his warm embrace... she fell into darkness and hit the cold floor.

his time she wasnt blinded like last time... she could see that she was in a tunnel.

something brushed against her shoulder, all she saw was a blurr. this was all the same as last time. what on earth was happening.

she walked backwards... then once again something brushed against her hip...

"stop!" she demanded before a chuckle came from the distance and then she was shoved backwards. drowning in the thick liquid that consumed her body, pulling her further down to the center of the earth until all air escaped her lungs and she gasped in a chunk of the unknown solution.

 opening her eyes, she sprung back into reality and let out a scream before quickly muffling it with her hands. her heart was racing inside her fragile chest and she felt like bursting into tears but she refused as she felt she had been doing that way too often lately.

it was now dark outside and she hadnt turned any lights on yet. she didnt feel safe in the house anymore, not since last time she was shot...

she quickly picked up her coat and went for a drive deciding that she needed to clear her mind...

driving around for at least a few hours, she felt more relaxed. with the windows down, even though it was freezing cold, she enjoyed it.

deciding not to return home, she ended up sleeping in her car deciding it was safer as ben would have a harder chance of finding her.

waking up early in the mornig from the sun shining into the car, she squinted from the bright light and stretched out in the little room she had as she had a stiff back now.

starting up her car, she turned on the heater to warm herself up as she was freezing and she decided to go for a drive to the cafe to get a warm coffee. 

on her way, she saw ethens strange friend driving in ethens car and he turned down the street that led to no where. so, being the curious person she s, she followe him and decided her coffee would have to wait.