chapter seven

he laid  there asleep on the red couch against the wall on the far side of the room. i sighed mentally as the same questions had been running through my mind all night, why?...

why was he doing this all for me, a stranger?. why doesnt he just leave me alone?. why did he have to pick me as his latest hobby?...

i turned my head slowly and looked over at him, he was sound asleep and looked so peaceful. he was really quite handsome. he had a small stuble and black hair that was slightly wavy and framed his features. his lips were a redish pink and he had high cheek bones. as my eyes travelled down his body, i noticed he was wearing a black leather jacket with a darl blue dress shirt with the top buttons undone. on the bottom half he wore dark blue jeans and had on black dress shoes.

"enjoying the view?" he asked sarcastically and quickly my eyes shot back to his face in which now had a smirk on it that only he could pull off. "not much to look at" i replied as i couldnt hold back a smile and he chuckled at my responce. 

"ouch. im hurt" he replied as he got up and walked over to my side placing a glass of water into my hands.

 "thanks" i said softly before taking a small sip and handing it back to him as he gave me a look of disapproval and handed it back. i rolled my eyes as i took another sip and then handed it to him again.

"i have to leave first thing in the morning" i stated suddenly in a soft tone as i slowly sat up.

"i figured you would want to do something like that"

"what's that suppose to mean?"

"its suppose to mean that you dont like 'depending' on others. rose, you dont have to do everything by yourself. accept a little help here and there."

"i dont need help"

"im not saying that you do but its nice to have a break every now and then"

"i dont need any breaks"

a few seconds of silence went pass as he was off in la la land and seemed to be in deep thoughts.

"who did  it?" he asked through gritted teeth and his ,uscles were all tensed. 

"who did what?

he didnt need to reply as he quickly scanned my body with his eyes and i knew he was talking about who had hurt me...

"no one, i tripped"

"we both know thats not what happened"

"well its the truth so just drop it already"

with a low growl he paced around the room and i frowned at his change of mood. if i told him who it was he would surely have a word with him in which would only end in a dissaster and id be putting ethen at risk.

"why do you care so much?" i asked but it wasnt so much of a question but a statement as i hanged my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. the second my feet touched the ground a sharp pain ran from my ankle and up my leg. quickly i grabbed onto the bed side table before my legs gave out beneath me and during the process of this all i managed to knock the glass of water off of the table and gained ethens attention as he was by my side in seconds.

"im fine" i snapped as i pushed him away and he looked hurt. "thanks for your help but ill take my leave now. dont want those paparazzis getting the wrong idea now do we"

"why should you care if they do, it would just be a rumour"

"because if the news got out to a certain person it would end in a certain disaster for the pair of us and you'd then be dragged into my problems. you'd get hurt and then it would all be in the magazines, someone or both of us will end up dead, and i can tell you right now you dont want that life"

"no one will touch you, or even me. if youd just tell me who i could rid of him and youd no longer get hurt"

"you dont get it do you, you can never get rid of him. besides, im a stranger you met at a cafe. how about we keep it that way, it would be for the best mr.blackwell. have a nice night" and with that i left the room ignoring the rain in my ribs and leg.

he seemed really mad, sad and confused all mixed into one.