INSECURE \\ -3-

The final bell rang of the day, dismissing us to leave, which you didn't have to tell me twice. I grabbed my bag, throwing it over my shoulder. Instead of taking the back way today, I went with everybody else down the stairs that everybody take, it was so crowded but I didn't care. I didn't want what happened yesterday to happen again. I got down to the main floor, and started for my locker. I turned to corner to see Kaylee down that hallway, she was talking to Michael, so I figure that she wouldn't do that much stuff if he was right there. I opened my locker, putting in books that I didn't need, I reached for my English book when a paper fell out of it, I reached down and picked it up, looking at it. Shit, I face palmed my self shutting my locker as I down the hall to Mrs. Edwards room, I walked in to find her packing up to leave.

"Mrs. Edwards" I said getting her attention, she looked up and tiredly smiled and she put on her jacket

"What do you need, Jada?" She asked as I looked down at the paper and walked over to her,

"I forgot to give this to you today, I was putting away my book when it fell out and then I re-" She cut me off

"Jada, I don't like excuses hand over your paper so I can grade it." She said holding her hand out, I raised the paper as she snatched it rudely out my hand. She motioned me to leave, so I turned my heel walking out the room, I pushed door opened walking out and back down the hall. I walked out to the student parking to see on only a couple cars. I stopped walking and turned my bag around grabbing my keys from the little pocket. I walked a little farther to see Michael trying to start his car again. I shook my head and walked in his direction instead of mine. When I approached him I saw Chris too, but I ignored him knowing that he would bring up our conversation at lunch. I sighed and cleared my throat as they both looked at me. Michael lightly smiled before talking,

"Hey, do you think that you could help me again?" He asked but I just nodded my head,

"Yeah, that's why I came over here, give me a second." I said walking away from them and heading to my car. I opening the door throwing my bag in the back and starting my car. I turned on the heat, and sat up in the seat properly closing the door and driving over to his car. I pulled up and parked in front of him, opening the door and hopping out. I grabbed the jumper out the trunk again and walked around the car to get over to him. I handed Chris the two that need to go on Michael's car and then put the other two on my car. We did the same thing as last time except, this time we did it for like 5 minutes and it never started,

"Try one more time" I said as Michael pressed the gas, only to have it go dead again. I sighed thinking to my self, 'I cant believe im about to do this.' I said to myself as I closed my eyes briefly.

"Hop in, I'll give you a ride" I said as I took off the jumpers. I closed my hood and he did the same,

"Jada, you don't have too." Michael said as he walked handing me his end of the cable.

"What are you guys gonna do?? Walk in 10 degree weather, I don't think so, just hop in and ill give you a ride, I know that im not popular or cool and you guys probably don't want to be seen with me but the cars already warmed and everything." I said turning around putting the jumpers in the trunk then getting in the front, closing the door as I waited for them to get in. They grabbed there stuff as I watched them, I'll saw them talking about something, but I couldn't make-out what they were saying, as they headed to the car, Michael got in the front as Chris sat in the back, I sighed thanking God that he didn't sit in the front, but he had the same expression on his face as he did when we ended lunch, like he felt bad for me, or something like that. I put the car in drive and turned around leaving the parking lot.

"Okay I have to check on my little brother real fast, is that okay?" I asked as they both nodded there head. We were driving in silence, so I decided to turn on the radio, I turned it on as Thinkin Bout You came on, I smiled, this is my song. I hummed to it as we listened to it, afraid that they would judge if I sang, I stopped humming so that I wouldn't embarrass myself. I turned down my street and pulled upt to my driveway.

"I'll be right back." I said jumping out the car and jogging up to the door. I opened it as my mother was about to walk out, she had a man behind her holding her hand, it was him! I rolled my eyes and shoved past them as I ran upstairs to Logan' room. I knocked on the door as he opened it, he saw me and his eyes lite up a little, he hugged me around the waist tightly as I hugged him back. I knew that he was worried about me.

"Logan, I have to take a couple from school home you wanna come or stay here." He smirked and looked at me.

"Are they girls?" He asked as I chuckled.

"No Logan, they are not girls" I giggled as his face fell,

"Alright I'll go" He said as he slipped his shoes on. I walked behind him as we walked outside and hopped in the back with Chris.

"Sup little dude" Chris said as he got in the car, I smirked and shook my head as they continued to talk. I put the car in drive and Michael told me which way to go.  I drove turning up the radio a little bit, as we sat there, I looked like Logan really liked Chris and Chris really like Logan. I heard Logan laughing in the back which made me smile but I was shocked at the same time. I couldn't tell you the last time that Logan had actually laughed like that. Hell I haven't laughed in I don't even know how long, I don't think I even know how to anymore. I was following the directions that Michael was giving me and turned down the street that im guesing was there. I pointed to a house that was coming up on my left and i pulled into the drive way.

"Thank you" Michael said as he smile and got out.

"No problem, Logan you coming up front?" I asked as he got out the back and came in the front.

"Bye Chris" He said as he cloed the door and Chris got out the back. Logan rolled down his window as Chris came up to it. They did this little hand shake and Logan smiled, I saw Chris slightly look at me,

"Thank you" I mouthed so that Logan wouldnt hear me, he just lightly smirked, hitting the door frame once before walked to were Michael had already gone, Logan rolled up his window as we pulled away heading to the house.

"So I guess that you made a friend." I said glancing at him then looking back at the road. He shrugged his shoulder and nodded his head,

"I guess you can say that, Chris is really cool." I smiled at his comment,

"Well I will probably have to take them in the morning, considering that I had to drive them and they don't have a car, so you can see him  in the morning when I take you to school." I said as I looked over at him, He smiled a little then nodded his head. I turned down a raod that was away from my house turning in to the Mcdonalds parking lot, He looked at me as his eyes lit up a bit. I giggled and unbuckled myself, I got out and told him to follow me as we walked in together...