n i n e

-- Edited on the 2/12/2017 --

How does Ryder know the exact words to say in order to make a girl feel special, like what? Where'd he learn how to sweet talk a girl, and is there a boy version? Because I need one. 

- One week later -

As I wake up, I walk over to my wardrobe and pick out a black 'Rolling Stones' crop top that's loose and ends just before my bellybutton. I then pair that with some black denim ripped jeans and brush through my hair quickly before putting it up in a messy ponytail. Satisfied with my outfit, I walk back downstairs and into the kitchen, finding it odd that everyone has just suddenly disappeared. Walking into the kitchen, I spot a note laying on the counter beside a bottle of unopened water.

Dear Kenzie, we thought it'd be fun to play a little game with our newest member. Think of it as an initiation to join our household, fully. At the bottom of this note, you'll find your first clue. Good luck, Ryder. 

Clue number one; Go to the place where the sand meets the sea. Hint; It's upstairs :)

What? 'Sand meets the sea'? God damn, I didn't know the boys had their own beach resort. 

Grabbing my water and tucking the note into the pocket of my jeans, I turn around and retrace my steps until I'm back at the stairs. Sighing, I walk up them and then I remember something pretty crucial; I don't know my way around whatsoever. The boys never gave me a tour, I just know where the crucial things are like the kitchen, the loungeroom and the backyard. I have my own bathroom so I don't really need to know where the others are located. But then there's also the dilemma of like, where's the boundaries? Like can I go in whoever's room I want? Is the clue gonna be obvious or do I have to search for it? Will there be a surprise or a present or something? Oh well, guess I'll just have to walk around randomly and hope to not see any used condoms. 

Sighing, I reach the top of the stars and look left first and get a basic idea of whats down there which is basically just bedrooms I think judging by the three large doors that are down there, not to mention they're all shut which just makes me feel even worse, almost like I'm invading their privacy.

Deciding to go the easy route, I turn right which is where mine and Ryder's room's are located. I then choose to go into mine first just to make sure that there's nothing suspicious in there and so I don't feel bad for going into his room first. Turning the handle slowly, I open my door and switch the lights on, my eyes immediately scanning the room. 

Hmmm, nothing. 

Turning around I go to leave my room, but then the thought hits me. 'What if the note's are hidden? I mean, some of them might not be out in the open like the first one was. They could be in drawers, or under pillows, or in the bathroom. Wait, I haven't even checked the bathroom, or my wardrobe for that matter. But then again, there wasn't anything in my wardrobe this morning, but who knows? Maybe I moved in with the flash.