t w e l v e

--Edited on the 15/12/2017--

{ Make sure to comment and click the little star, it makes me incredibly happy! }

I wake up to the feeling of my thigh vibrating. Opening my eyes I'm instantly confused. I'm laying in bed next to Kenzie but the weird part is I don't remember laying down, yet alone feeling tired. Stretching my arms I silently yawn before reaching down and sliding my hand into my pocket grabbing my phone.

Squinting, I can just make out the background picture. It's a picture of me, Rob and Andie. It was taken last year in January when my parents had a massive New years party and since I was there son, I had to go and greet everyone but I just ended up talking to Rob and Andie for majority of the night before some red head whisked me off and lets just say it was a good start to the New Year. Exhaling deeply I press the green answer button and hold the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Rob, what's the results?" I query in a raspy voice that's deeper than my normal voice . Whenever I wake up my voice is always deeper and girls love it.

"Yeah. She was drugged, but luckily it was just a temporary one so she should wake up soon." He states in an elevated tone, clearly happy with the outcome too. "But, she will be incredibly drowsy when she wakes up and she will have a really painful headache. Have you got the painkillers yet?" Rob queries reminding me about something that I totally forgot about.

"No, fuck. I'll send Mark or something to get them. Is that all Rob?" I ask in a curious tone.

"Yeah. Why don't you go and get them?" He says in a smug tone and I can just picture the asshole smirking.

"Because, someone has to be here when she wakes up and make sure she doesn't get attacked again. Why shouldn't it be me? I'm the best fighter out of the whole group." I say smugly as I smirk.

"True, even though I'm not proud of your past, you do have a good point." He states exhaling deeply.

"Alright, well I'll let you go. I got patients to deal with, come pay me and Andie a visit sometime yeah? She misses you and she'll be shocked when I tell her that you've finally found a girl who can handle your dumb ass." He states chuckling causing me to scoff.

"Rob, don't get ahead of yourself. Who knows how long she'll last and anyway, who said she's tamed me?" I state as I lay back down and look up at the ceiling, watching the white fluffy clouds pass by.

"Your eyes. I've seen the way you look at her and the way you used to look at the girls you'd hook up with. She means something to you, whether you're ready to admit it or not. She means a whole lot to you and you know it. Everyone does." He states, deeply exhaling afterwards.

"Yeah, Yeah Rob. I gotta go, I'll come visit soon. Say hi to Andie for me." I declare before hearing him mutter a quick 'okay' before I hang up. Looking over, I'm met with the sight of a sleeping Kenzie. Her golden skin glowing as the sun beams upon her lifeless body, her long eyelashes resting on the bulbs of her cheeks. I wish I could see her captivating blue eyes, but I can't. I wish I could hear her donkey laugh as I tell her a lame dad joke and watch her eyes crinkle at the corners in amusement, but I can't. Hopefully she wakes up soon, but in the meantime I'm gonna try and find out who drugged her, and why. I mean, I'm still confused on how somebody knows about kenzie. We haven't been out, she hasn't messaged anyone about her whereabouts I think, and we haven't revealed anything. We resigned from the whole 'street fighting and sabotaging others' when we said that we didn't wanna be a gang anymore because it was too risky, and from what I understood, everybody was okay with that and agreed to not harm us. So unless she has told someone about where she is and they thought they drugged one of us instead, no one should know she's here. Sighing, I sit up and swing my legs over the edge of the bed so that my feet are on the hardwood floor and unlock my phone, instantly going into messages and tapping Mark's contact.