Obsession

Alright now, peeps, this is my second book that I'm writing. My first one wasn't really that great but this one probably has more details and stuff that I'm too lazy to get into.

There are THREE IMPORTANT THINGS that I want to go over before I start the book. I want you guys to know that I do not care at all for hateful comments - if you don't like my book you can take your little arse elsewhere, alright female dogs?

Second thing is that I could have not made this book without a dear and very close friend of mine. I just wanted you to know that I may have started the idea but she is also very involved in the book and I give her high credit.

Last thing is, I don't mean to offend anybody if you think that it may be offending alright?

Now, that that's all over please do try to enjoy the book and definetly comment, vote, share, and like but remember I hate your small minded, hateful thoughts. On with the book....

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;::::::::::::::::::::::::;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;;:;:;::::::::::::::::::::::::::;:;:;:;::

"You know you're just wasting your time on that, right? Every single day you waste like an hour for your stupid obsessions," my eleven year old sister, Dana, said with a sigh. I didn't look up from my work but I knew she was right (almost). I knew that I wasn't wasting my time, though, because I knew for a fact that they were out there. But I was still losing a lot of time. I'd been trying to find them (or at least some sort of pattern) but still I had found none. I had known this job wasn't going to be easy, but I hadn't thought I would have to take an hour out of every day to find them. It's definitely an obsession, I thought with a sigh. Dana was right.

"You're going to get nowhere," Dana continued, snapping me from my thoughts. "I mean, you basically started this whole search at seven years old and now you're fifteen. It's been going on forever. If I were you, I would have given up a long time ago."

"Well, I'm glad I'm not even remotely like you," I huffed. That fact was absolutely true. We were nothing alike. Dana was always on the internet playing stupid games and she had a dozen friends. I liked to be outside and I only got on the Internet to try to find them. I had no friends and I loved reading. Dana was kind of stuck up while I never wanted attention. See what I mean? Opposites.

"Come on Athana. You should be on the Internet trying to get some Facebook friends or something," Dana said, shrugging her shoulders like she didn't have a care in the world. We may have been nothing alike, but we still cared for each other. But I didn't think Dana and I had the same opinion about helping each other. I would suggest trying to read for once, but she wanted me to find friends on the Internet. Not what I would have in mind for trying to find friends.

"Dana," I sighed, setting down my map and giving her the 'look.' "Our great-great-great-grandpa hunted them. We have all the proof and I'm going to pick up his tracks. I want to be a hunter just like he was. I'm going to be great." I had a proud smile on my face. Dana just shook her head at me like she was disappointed.

"Athana, listen closely to me! They're not real! So what if our great-great... well, you know who -it's too long- has silver bullets and a wolf skin?!" Dana yelled. I stood up and faced her.

"No, you listen, Dana! He didn't just have silver bullets and a wolf skin! He had a map, and on it was a camp with the pictures of wolf sightings. I checked all the way back to his time that there were wolves around and they were randomly attacking. Regular wolves don't do that, it's unnatural. It was also most of the time on a full moon. I have been checking it out and it shows all the signs..." my voice trailed off as I sat down with a huge sigh. All of my failures have been getting to me and it showed.

Dana looked shocked because I would rarely yell at her. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before I ran to her and grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry, I'm not myself. I'm just depressed," I said, apologizing. She nodded but didn't look like she believed me at all. She started to go to the door to leave when she suddenly turned back, looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"You see, this obsession has started to cause serious changes in you. You're different," Dana whispered, but loud enough so that I could hear her. Her words cut very deep. I knew this search was going out of hands, but I had to do it. I felt like I needed to, it was really weird. I went to my bed and lazily fell onto it. It was becoming too much for me to take all at once.

It was a Saturday, and I had just spent the whole day searching for those stupid werewolves. I knew it sounded crazy, but I had to try. What had started out as a suspicion became bigger, into an obsession. Dana was right, I had been changing. I'd become more cranky and grumpy without meaning to. Tomorrow I'd probably be doing the same as today.

I needed a rest and bad, but I'd become addicted to it, and honestly, it had been scaring the hell out of me. Without cleaning my boring room or even changing for bed I crawled into bed and wrapped myself in the covers, squeezing my eyes shut tightly, wishing it would all make sense.

Ten minutes later I was fast asleep.

--
"HEY, Athana, the family and I are going to go shopping. Do you want something?" Dana asked loudly, knocking on my door and waking me from my nap.

I groaned as I sat up. They don't even ask me if I want to go anymore. They're pushing me away, I thought sadly. Looking in the mirror to make sure no sadness was shown on my face, I headed to the door. Dana was leaning against the stairs with an annoyed look. She had her dark hair in a tight bun with some side bangs peeking out to cover her left eye.

"I could use a new flash drive," I said, yawning.

"Override on all the pictures?" she asked.

"Yep," I replied.

"See you in an hour." She disappeared. Sighing, I returned to my bed. I tried to get some sleep but I just had too many thoughts in my head. After half an hour I gave up, going downstairs to get a snack.

I quickly got some grapes and apples, heading up to my room before my parents got home. Sneaking food in my room was probably one of my favorite things to do. I sometimes liked to be a rebel, probably because I was so bored. I needed an adventure.

Eating, I decided to read a werewolf fiction novel. I thought that since I was reading all about them I would see how the world thought of them. In the book, the author made werewolves as creatures that haunted this one family, one girl in particular. This girl was a vampire in her teenage years, without a care in the world. It showed all the obstacles she had to do to finally be free from the werewolves. I opened up the book and started to read.

One hour later, I heard Dana's voice outside of my door. "Athana," Dana said, knocking at my door. "Open up. I come bearing gifts."
---
So how was it?
Don't worry, it will get better.
Please comment and vote!