Making Friends, NOT Enemies

Hello people!
---

As I was standing in line, so many thoughts were going through my head that I thought that it might explode. I tried to push down my worries the best way I could but it wasn't really working. There was way too many things that could go wrong.

No one was staring at me so I was glad for that. Though, I myself was looking around checking everyone out. Then when I looked in front of me my heart nearly dropped.

Two people in front of me stood a vampire. I knew it. I could literally feel the darkness coming off of it. He looked deathly pale, almost sick but I guess that was how it was down here. He wore a plain grey shirt with blue jeans and acted as if almost human. This place must be crazy. When it was his turn in line he got a big red bag that I could only assume was blood. I grimaced but looked away from staring. I definitely didn't want to make enemies with a vampire on my first day here.

When it was my turn I checked out the person behind the desk. He just looked at me, staring, scanning my every feature. I met his gaze with my eyes cold. Then unexpectedly he smiled.

"We'll make a hunter out of you before long," he said. My observation: He's creepy. He nodded at me and hanged me some clothes and a pair of shoes.

I stepped out of line to not hold it up. I had just a brown shirt and deep brown pant jeans. The creepy thing was that he knew my exact size. The shoes were black and looked very expensive. I doubted I would get another pair.

I made my way to the girls' restroom. To the left were showers and soap. Girls were walking around some fully into their new clothes. Some were bringing clothes to the showers. The water was running and I heard some people talking. To the right there were stalls and sinks. Then in the back there was some benches and lockers. It basically looked like a locker room.

I quickly started to work. I first went to the showers. They were actually pretty big. They had a bench, some hooks, and plenty of soap. I hung my clothes up before turning the water on. I jumped back before the water hit me because I was sure it would be cold but it was actually very warm.

I probably spent ten minutes in there, because it was so nice. Then I realized that I hadn't brought a towel. Oh no. I started to look around before I saw a small cabinet. Inside were dozens of towels. I sighed in relief and took a dark blue one.

After I was done and changed I stepped out. The clothes were actually very nice. The jeans were easy to run in. The shoes were tight, but not too tight. I placed the towel in a big bucket of dirty towels. I quickly used the restroom.

After I was fully done I went out.

Your table will have a sign that reads: Werewolf Hunters, I remembered what Katelynn said. With a lump in my throat I started scanning the tables for mine. I found my table the farthest away from the buffet. The other three guys were already there. I was so nervous.

I went to get some eggs and bacon with a biscuit. No one even gave me a second glance. The chef briefly looked at me but quickly turned away.

Everyone was talking to each other like this was lunch at school. The three guys at my table were joking around, doing guy stuff. With a burst of courage, I sat down with my tray.

I had three pairs of eyes looking at me curiously. They stared at me for a second, kind of creepy. Then they blinked.

"Who are you?" asks the one on the left. He had brown hair with black sunglasses on his head. He looked around nineteen.

"I'm Athana," I reply, steadily.

"You're a werewolf hunter?" asks the one on the right. He had very blonde hair. He only looked to be seventeen.