Half The Puzzle

Dana and I went our separate ways as we got to school. Our bus ride was very long and we had five minutes until school started at 8 o'clock. My classroom was in the very back of the school so I almost had to run to make it in on time. Dana's classroom was near the front so she was safe. I was usually in the red zone. Luckily there was no teachers or students in the hallway to watch me run. Most of them were already at their classes.

I slowed down as I entered the classroom so I didn't get in trouble. As I entered everyone's eyes were trained on me. The teacher, Mr. Klaun, scowled as he glanced at the clock, almost like he wanted me to get into trouble. I ignored the stares as I took my seat in the very back of the right side of the classroom, where I had a clear view of the outside.

"Alright everyone, today in mythology you guys are going to read two chapters, chapter 7 and chapter 9, and tomorrow we will have a quiz on it. The chapters are about Medusa and Poseidon and then about Athena and Hercules and make sure to write out what lessons they both learned. Also, make a Venn diagram for the same thing," Mr. Klaun said. We all sighed, some people groaned. Tenth grade was so hard. I wonder what Dana is doing, probably nothing remotely as hard as us.

We all took our books out of our desks and started to read. I tried to stay focused but I kept looking outside, into the wild great beyond. I really want to be out there right now, searching.

------

It was finally lunch time. I sat at a table in the back, all alone. I didn't mind at all. The other kids were all sitting, talking, playing on their phones, throwing food, doing whatever. Nobody was paying attention to me.

I saw a group of kids that were all reading the same book and talking about it. Dana saw it and once suggested it to me, but, of course, I said no. I had never really realized how much Dana does for me until today.

Our lunch time was at 1 o'clock pm. It was every late and I was starving. I had a sandwich, an apple, a cookie, and a bottle of water. The sandwich was peanut butter and jelly which was my favorite. I didn't really like any of the other sandwiches and Dana thinks it is weird. Her favorite is honey nut bread with two different kinds of cheese and meat with all of the other stuff that's on a subway sandwich.

I found this table one day and found it completely empty. I asked some people why but they never answered. Most people just ignore me now a days. Dana told me that even at her lunch time no one ever sat down at this table. This table must have some serious history, I thought mostly because I was bored.

I can't believe that I'd finally found a lead! It may not be solid info yet but I plan on checking South Dakota for more wolf attacks near that town. Maybe I was finally on to something. Who knows what could happen if my lead was solid and something was going on. I guess I have never thought about that either. I guess I just live in the present, not much on the future at all.

The bell rang overhead, making plenty of students groan. I just stood up, grabbing my books, and headed to my next class which was P. E. I know, lucky me.

Ten minutes later I was in my workout clothes in an already stinky gym, waiting for the teachers to emerge from their hideout where they decide which torture method to use on us. The came out with scowls on their faces. Uh oh. This was not good. Usually when they're in a bad mood they took it out on us and I was not in the mood to run laps and do twenty push ups at a time.

"Everyone on the track. Do seven laps than come here and stretch out for our workout session today in class," Mrs. Janus shouted. She has always been the hardest teacher and I'm sure everyone in this room hates her. Some girls huffed and puffed but we all headed over, knowing to not get on her bad side.